For years and years, Ive heard a friend of the family talk about MSM. She is from the country and has raised horses all her life. Recently, we reconected and started talking again. She lives several states away. Ive known her for about 20 years. Recently I told her I was having back pains and tried everything to Yoga to working out to chiropractor and nothing helped. She told me to take MSM as she...

Over the months that I took the MSM supplement, I gained an unbelievable amount of weight. I don't know why I didn't realize that the MSM was causing it, but it slipped up on me quickly. That has been 40 pounds I have yet to get rid of...the effects for fibromyalgia were great but not after packing on the pounds and more to immobilize me. Wish I had never ever taken MSM, my body hasn't been the...

Amita | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 5 to less than 10 years |
5/13/2021
Condition: Aging

Began menopause 2010. 2015 began taking MSM 1 gr daily for intestinal molds (leaky gut) slicks the intestine and rosacea cleared over 1 year use. Noticed hot flashes went away after a month. Kept taking MSM and no hot flashes EVER. Can go at least a week without supplement and no flashes. Also dentist drilled to nerve and no pain. Podiatrist gave shot in heel - didn't feel anything.

Alisoncc | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
12/2/2019
Condition: Joint pain

Diagnosed with Frozen Shoulder. Only treatment prescribed Physio and pain killers. Found taking MSM 1500 twice a day significantly reduced stiffness and pain in my shoulder.

AnnaB | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
8/4/2019
Condition: Osteoarthritis

I have bad arthritis in my hands and lower back. After taking 1500mg morning and night, in 3 days my hands for so much better. My back not at all. But within a week, I got bad diarrhea. It took 2 weeks to get rid of. My hands stayed good for month, but I started noticing pain again. I take 1000 mg every other night. My hands are good, the other isn't awful. I will soon see how 500 my every other day does. My hands are great!! I just wish it helped my back.

dustyread | Age: 45-54 |
3/18/2019

helped with eye sight and detox

Terry | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
12/14/2018
Condition: Joint pain

I have used MSM for over a year and I have found the powder works better than the tablets I use it for joint pain and I now use now brand MSM powder because it does not have added ingredients it has work better than any other supplement that I have ever tried and I will continue to use it I have had no side effects from it

jjcavjj | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
12/7/2018
Condition: Pain

I was only able to use for four days. In that short time, my skin brightened and I felt my intestines were less inflamed. Because of my other health problems, the water retention was causing me difficulty walking and breathing. So I discontinued use.

Al | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
10/31/2018
Condition: Osteoarthritis

I have been using MSM for only a short two weeks, and noticed dramatic results. With a knee replacement and arthritic hands which are the result of family DNA on my father's side of the family, the use of MSM over the past couple of weeks has reduced my pain by 99% as well as reducing the inflammation in my joints. There are other side benefits related to general bodily function, but primarily the feeling of no pain is a first for me in more than a year.

dlwinc | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
10/30/2018
Condition:

I noticed a huge improvement when I woke up from hand and back joint pain, and swelling. I took MSM for about 3 months. When the pills ran out, I decided to see how long it would be for the pain to come back. It took about 2 mos. and sure enough, I was right back where I started. Started taking 2 - 1,000 MG pills a day and pooooF - Gone! I will never live a day without MSM. The FDA needs to look at the evidence of personal experiences more and not just lab rats and lab reports.

JoJosdaynparadise | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
4/2/2018
Condition: Osteoarthritis

I have used MSM for over 15 yrs. During that time I would take 1000mg once daily. Ive had 2 knee surgeries and have needed a knee replacement since 1996. The only times i have not taken MSM,is when Ive been unable to afford to purchase it. My ortho docs are surprised that theres been very little change to the narrowing of the area in my knee. Im also at a Grade IV too and there

NotherDaynParadise | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
4/2/2018
Condition:

I have used MSM for over 15 yrs. During that time I would take 1000mg once daily. Ive had 2 knee surgeries and have needed a knee replacement since 1996. The only times i have nottaken MSM,is when ive been unable to afford to purchase it. My ortho docs are surprised that theres been very little change to the narrowing of area in my knee. Im at a Grade IV too. No meniscus pad since 2000.it took me 3-5 months to build up whatever it is MSM builds up in that empty space in my kneecap area. It doesnt alleviate all pain,but it Definitely Works!!for me. And docs cant believe the xrays!I use MSM 1000mg Pure OptiMSM from Natures WAY.Read More Read Less

Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
4/1/2018
Condition: Aromatase inhibitor-induced arthralgia

Amazing!! I was in severe pain & I've been transformed into a "spring chicken" in just a few days!!! I take 4,000 mg.

Age: 75 or over | On supplement for less than 1 month |
3/31/2018
Condition: Osteoarthritis

I took product called Instaflex which contains MSM. Are there side effects reported? Took 3 days and developed itchy skin on face. Almost afraid to continue to take.

aty | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
11/8/2017
Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
10/30/2017
Condition:

Started taking 1/4 tsp. in a hot beverage twice daily, symptoms stopped. When I don't take it the symptoms re-appear, nose running, sneezing, itchy eyes. Went for allergy testing and I'm negative to everything. Explained to Doctor what I was taking and no symptoms. I also have arthritic pain in the joints of my feet, I walk between 4-6 miles daily on concrete floors in nursing. Helps to stop the pain. My feet ache but are not in pain.

Kath | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
5/28/2017
Condition:

Let me start by saying that I take a lot of natural supplements every day, but if I had to choose only one, it would be MSM. If my joints are a bit sore I take 1 teaspoon mixed in juice twice a day until the pain goes, in about 3 days then one teaspoon a day is enough. One tspn is 4 grams. You need at least that much to be effective 8-10g/day is good. It's hard to overdose because it's a natural sulphur compound found in many unprocessed food. It isn't a sulphite and you cannot be allergic to it. In fact it will help you with allergies. So don't take my word for it get some it's cheap you won't believe how good it is, but it lives up to the hype just get the pure powder and take that much.Read More Read Less

Age: 35-44 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
3/27/2017
Condition: Pain

Originally bought to grow my hair. Then it took away my severe leg and joint pain. Now I can't go without it.

Armedinky | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
3/17/2017
Condition: Joint pain

Have been using MSM, for over 16 years. I am very satisfied with it. Had car accident when I was 21. At age of 50, I started suffering with joint pain from the numerous broken bones. At age of 66 now, I have very little pain since I started taking MSM. It took a good 30 days for it to start working for me. 1000mg tablet, once a day.

Tuesdays child | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
2/20/2017

Great for inflammation and hair but really increases my appetite.

nelmaletaol.com | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
12/24/2016
Condition:

Have been on MSM for twenty years. Used first for arthritis, then for my allergies. it works great for me, but looking to see if anyone has had long term use side effects from it?

Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |