good

Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
8/31/2014
Condition: General Health And Wellness

I have 3 jujube trees, variety Li which is self-fertile. I eat the fruits fresh when they just get some brown on and are still crisp, and after they start to ripen I leave them to dry then keep them in the freezer or fridge. Dried they're portable for snacking while out, and fresh they're a seasonal treat. I came to this site to find out what are their herbal properties, as I know they're used in that way but don't know how or for what. When groceries are slim I eat a lot of them and have had no ill effects so far.

7/6/2014

I have just taking jujube for insomnia. No opinion at this time.

The Guy | Age: 35-44 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
7/27/2013
Condition: General Health And Wellness

I do not take the supplement but I grow hundreds of Jujube trees. There are two types of Jujube and over 500 varieties. The first type is for fresh eating and the taste will be similar to an Apple. Always pick the fruit in the morning when it is juicy. The second type is for drying and the taste will be similar to oatmeal cookies. If you eat a drying type fresh, the taste will not be as good or very dry. Do not order dried Jujube from China as it contains chemicals. In fact, avoid the fruit harvested there as they will not claim organic. Look for the fruit at farmers markets from late July to mid-September. If the fruit dries out, put it outside in the sun to dehydrate or use a dehydrator. It will stay good for a 1-2 years. It has no adverse effects that I know of but it can be high in sugar. It has a calming effect so give it to hyper children. There is a small seed inside that is shaped like a cherry pit or an elongated cherry pit. This fruit really is great.

Jo | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
1/28/2013
Condition: General Health And Wellness

It reversed on me and I could not sleep, and kept me with shakes all night

Age: 25-34 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |