I have had daily headaches for years, with migraines occurring frequently, especially after consuming a "trigger" like MSG, tannins in tea, or nitrates in meat. After being on 2 pills of butterbur a day, I very rarely have a bad headache. Even after consuming a trigger, I may get a twinge, but nothing horrible. My constant background headache is GONE. Love it!

I have had a low grade headache since I've been taking it

Katerina | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
5/25/2020
Condition: Migraine headache

butterbur 75mg x 6/day helps reduce my migraines with nausea from 15/month to around 5-6, so it definitely helps, but the frequency and number of pills that I've found to work tends to be somewhat costly on a fixed income.

CATRYNA | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
2/5/2018
Condition: Allergic rhinitis (hay fever)

Butterbur has been a godsend for me. I am allergic to the standard OTC antihistimines and most herbal treatments I have used for the past 30 years have not worked. Butterbur is like a miracle.

Age: 75 or over | On supplement for less than 1 month |
9/1/2017
Condition: Headache

Taken at onset of mild headache. It works well, but for a stronger headache, I require MSM in addition.

On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
3/23/2017
Condition:
Age: 35-44 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
1/17/2017
Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
6/28/2016
Condition: Migraine headache

? toxicity for nursing mothers?

4/12/2016
Condition: Migraine headache

After trying every migraine "cures" this is the only thing that has relieved my headaches and neck pain. It is truly a miracle.

bundle | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
10/31/2015
Condition:

I take it along with cetrizine.The cetrizine by itself was not working but adding butterbur with feverfew seems to work.

Mateo | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 5 to less than 10 years |
3/19/2015
Condition: Migraine headache

The butterbur was used in a product called Migra-eeze. Some studies show butterbur relaxes smooth muscle tissue. The only side effects are burbing of oily taste if you take it after a meal. Take it before or with food.

10/9/2014
Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
9/8/2014
Condition: Migraine headache

Butterbur is an amazing herbal treatment for migraines. After using 4 different prescription medications (with debilitating side effects) for post concussion migraines, I heard about Butterbur. I researched it online and decided to try it. Taking one capsule per day has been extremely effective in eliminating my migraines--I've gone from daily migraines to no migraines---simply amazing. I also noticed that it helps a bit with anxiety. I use the NOW Foods brand with Feverfew--will continue to use this. Read More Read Less

SCB | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
6/24/2014
Condition: Migraine headache

Butterbur has decreased the number and intensity of my migraine headaches

Ree | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
3/25/2014
Condition: Migraine headache

When I take the Butterbur along with White Willow Bark, I have no need to take Imitrex. I've been suffering for 8 years, and ever since I tried this stuff, no more pain.

1/31/2014
Condition: Migraine headache

I have had migraines for 40 years (55 years old). I have tried prescription preventive medicine which did not help. This is the first thing that has REALLY helped. I have only been on it for about 5 weeks and I have only had one migraine--usually in this time period I would have 5+.

[email protected] | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
1/3/2014

I have had a low grade headache since I've been taking it

teri | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
9/15/2013
Condition: Allergic rhinitis (hay fever)

I've been an allergy (hay fever) sufferer as long as I can remember. Hate how the over the counter meds make me feel, drowsy and dried out. When I take butterbur, my head feels clear, my nose isn't swollen shut, and I feel good. I think it works better than the meds I take. If there's a really bad pollen day, I sometimes still may take loratidine or chlorotrimeton, also. It's been a wonderful discovery!

Age: 35-44 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
8/21/2013
Condition: Allergic rhinitis (hay fever)

I take about 100 grams of Butterbur 2-3-4 times per day, and have been able to completely eliminate the need for any other antihistimine. I do not feel sleepy or groggy and am just delighted!

jjmo35 | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
8/14/2013
Condition: Migraine headache

I have had a positive experience with Butterbur. I take it twice a day in a product called MigraEeze through Vitamin Shoppe. It is an excellent support for my other meds, and I definitely notice when I don't take it. I will never give it up!

kojomobo2 | Age: 45-54 |
2/13/2013
Condition: Migraine headache

For me Butterbur was heaven sent; nothing helped and I resigned myself to just being part of the 2% in the world living with medicines that didn't help with migraines.

ccrou | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
1/10/2013
Condition: Migraine headache

Butterbur helped with my migraines but gave me anxiety and a rapid pulse. After 4 months I had to discontinue. So sad because it helped so much with migraines.