Be VERY careful about what brand you use. I use the brand 'Sweet Leaf' every time I'm at my parents' home (it's what my mom uses) with no problems and just great, natural no calorie sweetness. I assumed every brand of 'Stevia' was the same and bought a box of PurVia packets and have been using them for about a week (about 3 packets a day in a big jug of homemade iced green tea that I normally just...

I couldn't provide ratings, so I just marked one star. I just received a sample of Crystal Light Pure Fitness. I never use Crystal Light because it has artificial sweeteners, of which I am highly allergic. I was contemplating this new sample because it didn't have Splenda, Aspartame, Ascefulme K, etc. I have reactions like shortness of breath, itching, swelling, joint soreness after ingesting t...

Age: 25-34 |
4/22/2021

Stevia is starting to show up in many foods as a sweetener. I have now seen 3 people have severe psychotic episodes within 2 minutes of ingesting the sweetener. In two of cases the stevia was listed as a 'natural flavor' and I had to call the company to confirm what was in the drink or candy bar.

nonalori6 | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
7/28/2020
Condition: High blood pressure

Notice that most bad reviews don't mention the brand of stevia that caused issues for them. I go for the Organic Sweetleaf with inulin and, unlike some other brands, it works just fine.

Deamweaver | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
12/21/2019
Condition: General Health And Wellness

Stevia has weened me off cane sugar and off a general desire for sweeteners. At first I replaced cane sugar with stevia, but soon lost the desire for sweetness and use stevia now in a more limited way.

Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
12/11/2019
Condition: General Health And Wellness

I bought 10 boxes of Compliments Stevia at the 99 Cent Store about two to three years ago. After one box I feel like my digestive system was put in disarray I had pains. As I heard now that other people have also. I have thrown the 10 boxes away they are called compliments stevia they are distributed in Carmel Indiana. I threw them away so that other people wouldn't have the same experience. Perhaps they should be investigated and withdrawn from the market.

zoom | Age: 55-64 |
9/24/2019
Condition: General Health And Wellness

I drank sodas sweetened with stevia because I really liked the taste and figured it was probably better for me than sugar. I noticed heart palpitations that started about a year ago and decided it was probably allergy medication. I stopped that but the heart palpitations kept happening. I finally connected it to stevia-sweetened gingerale, so switched to lemon-lime stevia sweetened soda. Same problem. I just had a cup of stevia-sweetened root beer, and soon after the palpitations started. Super disappointed, I love drinking that stuff.