I've been using Cascara Sagrada for constipation for several years now and I have never had any problems with it. In fact out of all the commercial products I have ever used, none of them measured up to Cascara. I find it vary weird that the FDA once approved it and later removed their approval. They have a reputation of doing this if they find any herbal or natural products cut into their profits...

AB-Salute Wellness | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
5/22/2020
Condition: General Health And Wellness

I thought I liked this product & would use tp assist with not-so-healthy foods I had eaten - the long-term use was TERRIBLE! I just had a colonoscopy & it has turned my colon BLACK which apparently should rectify itself once I discontinue use of this product I thought to be safe.

Caroline75 | Age: 35-44 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
9/26/2018
Condition: Constipation

Best thing ever to take for constipation. I take one each night before bedtime and go the next day guaranteed.

Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
5/22/2018
Condition: Constipation

I have MS and I have always been constipated even with a healthy diet. This has helped me feel normal and so much better

too tired | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
3/13/2018
Condition: Constipation

I have suffered from severe constipation for many years, probably related to prescription medication for Raynaud's and RA. My diet is excellent, full of fresh vegetables and fruit plus whole grains. Despite doing all the right things I was horribly constipated and couldn't even find relief taking otc fiber options and it was just getting worse. Came across Cascara Sagrada incidentally and decided to give it a try, for the first time in years I feel "normal"! My belly isn't painfully bloated anymore and I'm no longer finding blood on the toilet paper. If low potassium could be a possible issue I will happily eat more oranges and potatoes! I take one Cascara Sagrada 450 mg capsule a day made and sold by Piping Rock.Read More Read Less

Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
3/4/2018
Condition: Constipation

Works well without cramping the bowels

Age: 19-24 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
11/3/2017
Condition: Constipation

I would start off taking 1 at morning and 1 at night. Ny bottle said 2 in morning and 2 at night and it ended up giving me diarrhea for a day and then it was more regular after taking 1 day.

Pen | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
10/17/2017
Condition: Constipation

I have had wonderful results with Cascara Sagrada for constipation. I have Multiple Sclerosis, and chronic constipation no matter how healthy my diet is - I cannot get relief from any other product that doesn't cause side affects. I have to take 750mg ( 3 capsules) or so to clear my system every few days and it works like a charm. Long-term use is fine with me, and its efficacy remains the same rather than it being depleted like some products that one takes regularly.

Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
7/18/2017
Condition: General Health And Wellness

Diarrhea bed but it did help me go to the bathroom on a regular basis it's just that when I did go it was diarrhea and when it came on it came on suddenly had to find a bathroom fast.

kathyw | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
6/22/2017
Condition: Constipation

i have had constpation for over 20 years, when i was a nanny for a chinese family they told me about this product, it has been a life saver for me, i take 3 at nite and have great bowel movements,it doesnt work for everyone but it sure has fo me,,,

Flora | Age: 65-74 |
11/6/2016
Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
7/30/2016
Condition: Constipation

I have used Cascara for at least 15 years for constipation. I don't need it often, but it works great for me when I do use it. I don't get any of the cramping when using Cascara. I had to go to Gastroenterology Doctor the other day for my Acid Reflux problem. When I told Doctor that the medicine for the Reflux problem made me constipated and I used Cascara, she was not happy. Did not give me any reason why not to use it though. Doctor would rather have a person take the prescription Laxative than a natural laxative? To me less chemicals is better for my body. I recommend Cascara although I don't take it on a daily basis.Read More Read Less

marian | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
5/7/2016
Condition: Constipation

satisfied ;however my G.I. doc recommended I stop using it -did not give a good reason.I only take 1 tablet daily*not a cleanse.

Age: 55-64 |
3/22/2016
Condition: Bowel preparation

After a meal, because I take pain medication; I can't always have a bowel movement. This product works great for me.

foxymufin | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
1/21/2016
crzkitty | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
10/15/2015
Condition: Constipation

Only thing that does help.

partc5charter.net | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
6/11/2015
Condition: Constipation

It works, but also is harsh and causes stomach distress.

Culantro | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
5/29/2015
Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 5 to less than 10 years |
4/23/2015

works

robyn | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
4/2/2015
Condition: Constipation

I have been using it successfully for 30 years my bowel specialist is impressed with the cleanliness of m bowel

Lily | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
3/14/2015
Condition: Constipation

I have use cascara sagrada for constipation and really works well I do recommended.