I take Marshmallow Root for IC and it has been my lifesaver. I take 2 tablets 3x a day and extra if I feel a flare coming on. Since I started Marshmallow root no other drugs are needed to control my IC and I can eat tomato products and other foods that could not eat before with IC.

marshmallow worked for me | Age: 25-34 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
11/1/2019

This healed my acid reflux. No more pain, no more reflux and I no longer need to take acid reducer medications. I drank the tea once a day for a month.

Mamdouh Shabka | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
3/2/2018
Condition: General Health And Wellness
Shasta | Age: 25-34 | On supplement for 5 to less than 10 years |
2/11/2017
Condition: Cough

I rate it 4 stars for effectiveness when using it alone, but I usually use it in combination with other herbs/suppliments like NAC. I take it for cough and sore throat associated with cold/flu. It seems to soften the cough and the painful throat and unlike dextromethorphan, does not interact with my other medications. To soothe sore throat, I dissolve 2 capsules (Nature's Way) in hot water and drink like tea (discard the capsule cases and add a little sugar). I believe it's better to take it this way than as a dry capsule because it will probably be absorbed easier by the body and also, that is the way to have direct contact with affected skin/mucous membrane. It also makes a great gargling solution. While it is fairly safe, I'd limit to 2 caps 3 times per day unless your doctor oks it. I didn't believe it would be so effective for cough until I tried it for the first time for myself. First tried it as part of an herbal syrup called Dr.Mom (Russian medicine), it is very widely used in Russian medicine.

Shasta | Age: 25-34 | On supplement for 5 to less than 10 years |