I live in sunny SoCal so the sun or my body's processing of vit D wasn't doing such a good job. For approximately 2 years I had been experiencing general body aches and pains. It got to the point where I could barely walk at night due to excrutiating pain in both feet upon getting out of bed to use the bathroom. My doctor took blood tests (but not for vit D), sent me to a rheumatologist. Nothing...

Unsure what to do? Diagnosed as having hypothyroidism about 1 yr ago. Taking synthroid. Feeling so tired and muscles fatigue and ache so easily. Just found out my Vit D level is 10(range 30-50) TSH alittle off too. Dr is increasing synthroid but wants me to take 50000u of Vit D 2x a week for 12 weeks. After reading other peoples posts, I am really concerned about all the side effects :( I don't w...

2/5/2021

Mark | Age: 25-34 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
3/21/2019
Condition: Eczema

I've had a wound in my butt for more than 4 years that didn't heal. I've tried everything that my doctor prescribed - more than 3 different cremes and I even went to a skindoctor specialist where I got some Bucky-rays and other creme. Nothing helped me. I was bleeding everytime I went to the toilet and my skin was itching.I read an article about d vitamin and castor oil (a natural oil) on castorolie.dk. They also wrote about manuka honey among others for conditions like acne and cold sore. I tried this oil twice a day and vitamin d (3000IU) for 3 weeks and it healed my wound. It really did help. I still have some itching once in a while though but my skin is looking good and healthy without any dry skin, scars or open wounds. I recommend for wound healing.

Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
3/10/2019
Condition: Vitamin D deficiency

I just found out that my Vitamin D is 16 nmol or 6.4 ng which obviously very low! My Dr. wanted me to start on 2,000 iu's of Vit. D3! I was feeling a little nauseated but didn't associate it with anything! I researched on The Vitamin D Society that they recommend 5,000 to 7,000 iu's daily for low Vit. D! I decided to try 5,000 iu's but in the evening I had pretty bad vomiting! The vomiting stopped when I stopped the Vit. D3! I'm trying to get some sun but that's almost impossible the past 6 months in Southern Ontario, Canada! Anyone else have same problem! Will be seeing Dr. in 2 weeks! Are Vit. D injections a good idea!? Have to do something, can't live like this any longer! Help!!

Dave | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
1/4/2019
Condition: Vitamin D deficiency

Vitamin D level was at 7.6 which is way too low. Prescribed 50000 units weekly plus 4000 supplement the other 6 days. After 3 months, level is still low at 16.9. I am continuing the 50000 for another 3 months with 6000 daily on the other 6 days. Hopefully it will improve then. I have had to increase my insulin dosage slightly since beginning treatment. Not happy about that.

Tonia | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
7/1/2018
Condition: Vitamin D deficiency

I too was very concerned when I saw the dosage of vitamin D 50,000. My level was at a 16. I am 2 months into my weekly pill and feel great. My energy level goes up every time I take it and I haven't felt joint and lower back pain the whole time. After reading what D deficiency could cause it's definitely worth doing. I didn't have any side effects whatsoever but I did take it with food. I also took a multivitamin a couple hours later after reading about your calcium and magnesium levels I need to be in range with D. My thyroid is out of whack which after reading they can go hand-in-hand so I'm hoping my blood work will show that's improved as well. Everybody's body reacts differently but I recommend taking it as soon as you can it's done wonders for me.