Taking lipitor and had pain when walking. After coq10 I can now walk without pain. Had to walk five or six steps to get loosened up before but now I don't.

8/7/2021
Condition: Fatigue
Marilu | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for 10 years or more |
1/1/2020

When I first tried CoQ10, it did nothing for me. Then, researchng it further, I learned that it must be taken with oil. I tried again, and bingo! It worked. But even after all these years, doctors still do not usually tell you to take it with oil, and even the bottle (Now brand) only says to take if with food. So be aware! Your body needs the oil (olive oil, fish oil, or other kinds) to make CoQ10 work. That made all the difference for me.

Babooshka | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
11/30/2019
Condition: Diabetic neuropathy

Took one 100mg capsule and did a workout. Found i had increase of strength and stamina. Increased my hunger, my energy throughout the day so much that it was like doing cocaine. Seemed as the day got later i got more and more hyper. I havent been able to find anyone with this same experience so maybe i have an allergy or some sort of sensitivity. I will not continue use.

Penip | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
10/4/2019
Condition: Fibromyalgia

I love this supplement but it messes with my bladder we quiet a bit.so I must stop taking it

KGhew | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
5/11/2019

Have taken Q10 for years in the winter to enhance wellbeing. Omitted to take Q10 for a while (ca 6 months) and started to suffer from heart arrhythmia and went back on Q10 - before doctors confirmed mild atrial fibrillation. Symptoms eased while waiting to see a heart specialist. Q10, 200 mg, is now part of my daily medical regime - as well as prescription medicines - and approved by my heart consultant and I feel 'normal' again. Suspect I have suffered from Q10 deficiency for years. I was always low on energy, especially in the winter, and with age it progressed to atrial fibrillation.Read More Read Less

disappointed | Age: 19-24 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
4/16/2019

Took very low doses of CoEnzymeQ10 for a couple weeks, 2-3x a week in the mornings. I was recommended them by a doctor when I came in to complain about my chronic, blinding migraines. I never bought them, and since then I cut out gluten & found my pain to stop. About 4 months after doing that, I looked into CoEnzymeQ10 out of curiosity and bought it and started taking it. Every time I've taken it, hours later I would experience a type of shakiness/jitteriness, nervousness, sinus/temple pain, light sensitivity, dry eyes & lack of an appetite + heartburn. I do feel my focus & my energy increased pretty substantially, but the other side effects I experienced outweigh any mild benefits. I was pain free when I just cut out gluten! And CoEnzymeQ10 brought it back whenever I would take it. NopenopenopeRead More Read Less

KAZ | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
3/19/2019

I have only just started taking this 10 days ago, I definitely feel less fatigued and more positive, I'm cautiously optimistic it will continue

Merlin Rose | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
12/26/2018
Condition:

Started this 8 months ago as part of long-term supplements for good health; family heart history is not good, and I've had breast cancer treatments as additional challenge. I began taking 100 mg/day, cut back to 4 /wk at 6 mo. due to my question if I had TOO much energy! I have to pay attention here, and now have a "beginning" hypothesis - I think this interrupts my sleep in middle of night - 2-3 times/week, but this is complicated by my taking a 50 mg multi-Vit B for the past 30 years, so I cut that back to 3-4 /wk too. And I STILL have too much energy, so I will now cut Vit B 50 to half - 25 mg 4 x/week. I will observe if I get better (less interrupted) sleep. How can we know how much is ENOUGH?? Doctors, Thank you for this forum. I want research - but not regulation on supplements. Patients in charge of their own health must have choices beyond the meds that traditional physicians rely on as THEIR best practice. Read More Read Less

Larryjay | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
12/4/2018
Condition: Statin-induced myopathy

Very slow to relieve the painful symptoms.

Tyson | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
11/15/2018
Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
11/13/2018
Condition: Statin-induced myopathy

I have taken coq10 several times. It always seems to cause nighttime awakenings around 2-3 am at least in the beginning of taking it.

Joey | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
10/19/2018

My blood pressure was consistently in the 140s/80sat home. I have also the white coat syndrome, when I am at the doctor my blood pressure will shoot to the 190s/90s. I took 1 teaspoon (50 mg) of Coq10 in the liquid form in the morning before breakfast, after four days my blood pressure readings were around 108/71. I am astonished by those results in such a short time. So far I did not experience any side effects. I am curious to find out what my blood pressure will be during my next visit to a doctor.Read More Read Less

Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
7/13/2018

Releaved Night leg cramps but I got headaches 1

Honeysuckle0 Z | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 5 to less than 10 years |
6/8/2018
Condition: Post-polio syndrome

After a recent major operation I recovered very quickly and unproven I know but I feel my daily dose of Q10 helped.

Age: 35-44 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
5/23/2018
Condition:

I am fairly young 39 with chronic High Blood Pressure. 150s/100. After two weeks of Sundown 100mg twice a day I saw a decrease to 125/82. That along with increased workout energy and focus. I do get occasional gas from taking the supplement, but that is my only complaint.

John M | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
12/18/2017
Condition: Statin-induced myopathy

I was advised by a doctor to start taking CoQ10 to counteract muscle pain caused by statins. I still had pain. Then another doctor told me that I should take 1200 mg. per day to feel any results. I've done this for about three years now. One time I switched brands and developed muscle pain again. I'm still taking 1200 mg. per day. I still have some pain, but nowhere near as much as before I started on the larger dose (1200 mg.) of CoQ10.

Bingbing | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
9/27/2017
Condition: Fibromyalgia

Migraines, muscle pain, body pain, numbness all over

TrialMed | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
5/12/2017

I started taking Ubiquinol (from Costco) after being on Lipitor for 1 week and feeling OK, minimal side effects. After about a week on the Ubiquinol, I started feeling really tired and much like a Zombie. Stopped taking and have felt much better so far. Doesn´t seem to agree with me.

irishire | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
2/15/2017

Took 1 tablet of NOW 100mg Ubiquinol a month before lipids testing. Not since before 1997 have I had such low cholesterol and my blood pressure is down. Doc is tapering me off Lipitor (which causes anxiety and which I had to begin taking once a cure for insomnia caused my body to make more cholesterol--your body makes that during sleep). My usual Total Chol has been between 191-240 since insomnia cure; ~190 for decades before then. TOTAL CHOLESTEROL AFTER 1 MONTH OF UBIQUINOL WAS 124! Absolutely every number on the lipids panel, was for once, way within the normal limits. Doc is cutting Lipitor in half; I'm hoping to also end up cutting blood pressure medicine in half and getting rid of cholesterol medicine altogether. Also been on an anti-inflammatory diet, but I've done that before without these kinds of results. Thinking the change had more to do with the Ubiquinol. Lipitor/statin meds depletes ubiquinol, which affects every cell in the body as I understand it.Read More Read Less

Anna | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
10/12/2016
Condition:

Have been taking Metoprolol/HCTZ for almost 10 years; and increasing dosage resulted in negative gains. Taking lower dosage with COQ-10 and a B-complex gave best results!