I was taking Flomax, an Rx and wanted to get on something non-perscrip. I have been using the Beta Sitosterol for over a year now and am very pleased. No more night trips to the bathroom. Also, no undesired side effects.

I just started taking this product 2 days ago so could not rate as of yet

Dawn | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
9/6/2021
Condition: Androgenic alopecia

I haven’t tried it yet!I need to know if it can be taken with diindolylmethane for androgenetic alopecia!!??

Pharmdoc | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
8/25/2021
Condition: Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)

It's worth bearing in mind that Beta Sitosterol is about 26% soluble in fat, negligbly soluble in alcohol, and not at all soluble in water. Thus, taking it with a glass of water virtually guarantees there will be no effectiveness whatsoever. Taking it "preferably with a meal" is at best a half-hearted acknowledgement that a high quantity of fatty food must accompany the dose to result in even a moderate amount of absorption. Furthermore, a minimum of twice the recommended dose is needed. Laboratory studies validating the effectiveness of Beta Sitosterol in shrinking prostate tissues were based on 1,000 - 2,000 Mg dosages. Beta Sitoserol has been the preferred prescription medication for treating BPH in Euorpe for two decades based on similar dosages. Of course, Beta Sistosterol is not a prescription medication in the U.S., due to opposition from pharmaceutical companies pushing their own expensive drugs, which, interestingly, have been shown in laboratory studies to have identical effects to Beta Sitosterol. Worse, some medical information websites obfuscate these facts in favor of so-called "good studies" based on nothing more than survey questions answered by volunteers under uncontrolled circumstances. Some websites go so far as to erroneously assert that "surgery is the preferred treatment for enlarged prostate," despite numerous studies proving that such surgery does not prolong life nor adequately treat symptoms. Bottom line: Consider taking a maximum-strength forumlation of Beta Sitosterol two to three times a day with fat, e.g., whole milk, a fatty fish such as salmon or tuna, or peanut butter and canola oil (rich natural sources). The results might amaze you. As a pharmcologist I have no invested interest in the controversy, other than the fact that since I turned 71, I began to experience BPH symptoms. I've used prescription medications, which did have an effect on urinary symptoms used in conjunction with Saw Palmetto and Lycopene, but also produced intolerable side effects, such as occassionally collapsing when attempting to stand. As a result, I tried taking Saw Palmetto Extract only. I recently began using a pure 250 Mg Beta Sitosterol supplement, once at 2PM and twice at dinner, always with fatty food. After three days, the worst symptoms have improved noticeably, which, for me, has been a great relief.Read More Read Less

paul | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
5/30/2021
Condition: Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)

i have been taking this 10 years one 130 pill a day...may skip a day once a week....this works...

TxGuy80 | Age: 35-44 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
2/12/2021

I get a sudden URGENT feeling that I have to pee and can barely hold it. This is very annoying because it comes out of no where with no warning. Im 40 yr old and this has been happening on and off for a few years but got worse recently. Anyhow I learned about this chemical and went out and bought canola oil. In just 1 day I can already tell a huge difference. This is DEFINITELY not just a placebo effect. Now I get a small feeling that I have to pee and it goes away. Before this would be a sudden huge URGENT feeling making you run to the toilet right away.Read More Read Less

No Name | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
8/1/2020
Condition: Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)

I started taking 2 pills a day, one in the morning, one at bedtime. Where before I was getting u 3-5 times until morning, now I generally sleep through the night. Works for me! Check Amazon reviews for different brands and doses.

Russ | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
6/24/2020
Condition: Enlarged prostate

A friend recommended this to me when my PSA was elevated. I have BPH, also. I took it for 6 months faithfully. Next blood test, PSA had gone up even more. I actually don't have any BPH symptoms. I stopped taking it. Strangely, I noticed a dull, persistent ache in my liver area went away, which made me wonder if it was the Beta Sitosterol causing the curious liver pain. Anyway, I really wanted it to work, but it didn't for me.

Peter | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for 5 to less than 10 years |
7/20/2019
Condition: Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)

Over 7 yrs(Age 80) I have experimented with many BPH supplements. The most successful is 8 supplements(0inc Beta- Sitesterol) and Pygeum. Saw Palmetto.Pumpkin seed.Nettle. Lycopene.Zinc.Cranberry I also take an over 50 multi. Quercetin. CoEnzyme Q10. Turmeric. Fish Oil. Garlic. Magnesium for overall health reasons. My PH,Cholesterol,and BP are all normal.

SR | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
1/25/2019
Condition:

On the very first day it reduced the need for night trips to the bathroom. Now I can a read a book in bed without having to get up every 20 minutes. 49 Y old, taking 240mg/day but now down to 180mg/day

Age: 75 or over | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
1/18/2019
Age: 75 or over | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
12/20/2018
Condition: Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)

I am a 76 year old male with BPH. I began taking beta-sitosterol -1000mg daily about 2 months ago and the results are very good - fewer bathroom visits and much less discomfort overall.

MJAlexander | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 5 to less than 10 years |
8/22/2018
Condition:

Nighttime trips to the bathroom are down from 3 or 4 to once or none at all! I looked up the ingredients in Super Beta Prostate, and fond that it's MUCH less expensive (and just as effective) to take the same supplements - Beta Sitosterol, Selenium, Zinc

joe | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
1/29/2018
Condition: Enlarged prostate

I use Antiiva (Hampshire Labs) to treat nocturia. I have reduced my need for night time urination from 3 or 4 times per night to 1 or none.

Joe | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
1/9/2018
Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
8/14/2017

definitely caused ed after three weeks of use. Onset was sudden.

Kat | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
5/24/2017
Condition:

Take 2x 900 mg per day along with Zetia to lower Chlesterol. In 6 mo. my ttl chol/hdl has gone down from 5.6 to 3.7 (The reference range is 3.2-5.0). It works.

Jeff | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
2/4/2017
Condition:

Using a product with beta sitosterol has produced the best result of all OTC prostate products I've tried. One question though . . .beta sitosterol blocks the same enzyme that Proscar and Avodarts blocks yet the claim is that it doesn't shrink the prostate. Why? Dose not high enough or just not tested enough to know for sure?

Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
12/29/2016
Condition:

I started using this to control my urination at night as I was getting up 3 or 4 times a night . Now I sleep all night. There are other benefits as well, Hair is actually getting thicker for some reason among others.

luigi789 | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
3/2/2016
Condition:

I have been taking Mega Beta Sitosterol for two months now and my cholesterol numbers have worsened dramatically. When I was taking prescription Welchol my numbers dropped by 80 points, now that I switched to MBS they have skyrocketed back up to where they were. I find it to be useless for my cholesterol troubles.

Peer | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
11/10/2015
Condition: Enlarged prostate

Decrease in urine flow blockage and Increased flow. Fewer nightly urinations.

Jimbo | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
10/17/2015
Condition: Enlarged prostate

Was using Prostata for 15 yrs & slowly losing the battle. Now on Swanson High Potency Beta-Sitosterol taking dbl (2) the suggested qty daily (1). Sure can tell a big difference.