I have been taking melatonin for about 12 years for sleep problems - started at about 300 mcg ~1/2 hour before bedtime, increasing, when effectiveness lagged, gradually to 3 mg (i use the Natrol 3 mg tablet, which was not listed, so I used the Natrol 5 mg for this comment). Added 50 mg Bendryl (diphenhydramine)per night a few years ago and have not needed to change either dose since. I sleep throu...

I had a few nightmares and then night 3 of taking I had a fright mare. It was so vivid and scared me so bad I actually became sick to my stomach. I have never had a dream in my life so vivid and never took melatonin again. I have never had a fright mare since. Good chance if it give you nightmares they will only get worse.

poc | Age: 13-18 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
6/1/2020
Condition: Migraine headache

I hate this pain, thank you so much

%uff02%uff1cscript%uff1ealert(1);%uff1c/ | Age: 7-12 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
6/1/2020

amazing job"

LincolnPickard | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
5/30/2019
Condition: Sleep

Was the best melatonin product available.

Sue | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
4/11/2019

Started taking 2 to 5 mlg.of melatonin for the past 6 to 8 months. Started having excruciating pain in every bone in my body. Stopped only last night. Helped with the morning headaches and sleep but the bone pain is so intense. Read the same thing by many people! Won't ever take it again.

Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
2/23/2019

1st time took it- headache and grogginess during day. Headache lasted hours. 2nd time, failed to keep me asleep and was anxious and irtitable next day. I'll pass.

Age: 45-54 |
1/6/2019

I am using 3 mg sporadically for sleep as needed when I start getting into cycle where I’m going to bed way too late. It works very well to get me back on a proper sleep schedule. I highly doubt it initially that it would work at all but it seems to work and I wake up much more refreshed

MW | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
5/6/2018

Oleg | Age: 35-44 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
3/16/2018

Sleep

Jrk.rr.bcomcast.net | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
1/31/2018
Condition: Sleep

FI sleep better and dont wake up during the night as often as I use to

dk8790 | Age: 25-34 |
1/26/2018
Condition: Sleep

Awesome, vivid dreams. I also feel completely refreshed even though I slept 6 or 7 hours.

Melatonin | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
10/15/2017
Condition: Sleep

It doesn't seem to get me to sleep

Rusty C | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
8/16/2017
Condition: Melanoma

I took 20 mg of Melatonin daily for five years as part of preventative treatment following surgery for metastatic melanoma. It was prescribed to boost my immunity. I didn't have a re-occurrence of melanoma for five years and was taken off melatonin. After stopping, I started having trouble with anxiety, depression, fluctuating emotions, and insomnia. I can't say with absolute certainty it is due to melatonin; but I have never experienced any of these conditions before until I stopped taking it.

Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
7/15/2017

had chronic trouble with insomnia. person told me about melatonin. been taking it about 20-25 years now -- 3 mg 20 minutes before planning on going to bed for sleep (or short reading session in bed). Problems with insomnia are now fairly rare.

Kathleen | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
7/10/2017
Condition: Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)

Time release form of Melatonin works all night

Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
6/2/2017
Condition: Tinnitus
MikeMelatonin | Age: 55-64 |
5/5/2017
Nature Made Adult Gummies | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for less than 1 month |
4/29/2017

Since starting this regime I haven't had cramping in my stomach or diarrhea, ie, a storm in my stomach. It is such a relief. I hope it last. Nothing as been so effective.

Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
2/26/2017
frannie | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
2/4/2017

i was placed on alprazalam following the death of my husband 4 years ago-i did not realize how addicting a drug it was-i finally was able to get off it by tapering myself slowly over a 5 week period-i am a retired rn-but now have insomnia--my doctor suggested melatonin 5 mgm or 10 mgm--five works fine-i can finally sleep

Anthony08 | Age: 7-12 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |