My mom was having hallucinations at night, little people, wild animals, the room was changing - all things that were real to her. I give her 8 drops of Ashwagandha extract that I put into a shot glass with a tablespoon of water. I get the organic extract at Whole Foods, Herb-Pharm brand works best. I started her off with a few drops and added drops each night until she began sleeping through th...

Ashwagahanda worked in the beginning but after about 6 weeks I began to start having strange thinking. I stopped it for about 2 weeks or so. When I went back on it again I began to have suicidal thoughts. I stopped it immediately.

Mare | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
7/29/2021
Condition: Insomnia

First I want to say that this is a natural remedy and unless you a seeing a natural path doctor don’t stop taking any medications or take it with any other medication. It took almost two weeks for me to feel the effects of ashwagandha along with taking Valerian Root. The Valerian root helps me to stay asleep while the Ashwagandha stops the racing thoughts. It took me over a month to get the amounts and a better routine in place for everything to help me stay asleep. So far, some minor side effects, but not sleeping is 10x worse. Side effects so far have been getting drowsy starting 8:30pm and yesterday I thought it was my fathers birthday (very weird). I am also taking Cordychi to help with stress during the day time. I didn’t think I was that stressed out, but I guess my body says otherwise.

Age: 25-34 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
7/24/2021
Condition: Sexual arousal

I've been using Ashwagandha for about 2 months now. I started off using the YouTheory brand and now I am using the Organic India one. Personally I've had great results in many aspects of my life using it. My main use for it was to enhance sexual performance and it hasn't disappointed yet! But I have also had other positive effects. Libido is higher, workouts feel easier, I am not as hungry as usual, and I've had less racing thoughts throughout the day. I take it daily but I only consume at most 400mg a day. I have a feeling that the people who have experienced the worst side effects are dosing too much too quickly. Our bodies are all different and some of us might require more and some might require less to achieve a great effect. It doesn't hurt to start off with a low dosage everyday and be consistent with that. I haven't experienced any negative side effects from it, the only one would be a temporary drowsiness for about an hour once I consumed it. Overall I am very pleased with this supplement and I will continue to use it daily unless I develop any adverse effects in the long-term.

7/22/2021
Condition: Stress

I have a panic attack disorder. I have a treatment for it which is working very well . Today I went to vons and decided to buy some ashwaghanda to try . I took one of the 2 gummies that were recommended. After a few minutes I could feel a panic attack coming . Haven’t had one in months ....

Britt | Age: 35-44 |
7/14/2021
Condition: Anxiety

I started taking this 4 days ago because I could not handle my anxiety anymore and wanted to try something natural before I told my doctor. My normal meds just include blood pressure pill, birth control, aderall and stuff for my acid reflux. I decided to give this a try. I take them at night before I go to bed. I suddenly hopped online today because I was feeling.....different. I went to bed great last night but woke up at 230 am and could not get back to sleep. I woke up extremely itchy also. After 4am I said screw it and got up since my alarm would go off at 5. I have been wired. My coworkers asked why I was so twitchy and wired, asked if I was ok. I told them I felt like I was on drugs and didn't know what was going on! I was sooooo fricken itchy! But other than all that, I have had zero anxiety or panic attacks within the last 48 hours. I feel overly focused. Im going to ride it out and see what I feel in a week. Ive also lost my appetite (im ok with that) but can tolerate healthy snacking. I will take this weird feeling over the panic attacks and anxiety so as of right now, Im a fan. I just wish I could stop itching!

Ashwagandha | Age: 65-74 |
7/12/2021
Condition: Anxiety

I popped a Spring Valley Ashwagandha Root Powder 800 mg tablet a few days ago. I have anxiety, depression, ADHD, PTSD and am on psychotropics for these conditions. Within 3 hrs while shopping, I suddenly felt hot, broke out in a sweat, became nauseous, and w/out any control, threw up (which I had to hold in my mouth while getting to a bathroom). Returned home just in time to throw up twice in my yard (back-to-back). I felt very weak & sick, barely making it inside to the porcelain bowl—where I sat for >3 hrs alternating between puking & diarrhea. I also couldn’t think straight and my balance was off. I had ripped off my soaking wet clothes because my temperature regulation was off (hot). Then toward the end of purging both ends, I became deeply chilled. Drew a bubble bath, but my chills were so strong I had to re-up on the hot water; I felt so weak, after I toweled off, I used a heavy winter bathrobe for the chills, kinda stumbling around (my cats had waited 2 1/2 hrs to be fed). Totally depleted of electrolytes after all that—when I was suddenly overcome by thirst. Fortunately I had pediatric electrolyte popsicles from 5 yrs ago, where a series of vomiting episodes of unknown origin occurred. By 11 pm, my stomach was hungry and I ate a small portion of mild food. I’m quite sure my body over-reacted as an overdose of Ashwagandha root powder; the product itself is Lab-Certified and distributed by WalMart. I spent the next day recovering (from the intensity of purging) and returned to normal the following day. I’m sure this dose was just too much for me—and all the glowing recommendations belie my experience. I don’t doubt that it helps multitudes of people.