good

Age: 35-44 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
2/17/2019

I started taking DHEA when trying to recover from CFS. My hormones were very low, so I started taking this to boost Testosterone levels. I took it off and on for this reason. Later, after reading a Japanese study on ME/CFS about excitotoxocity in this disease which stated that several substances including DHEA and Pregnenolone were agonists that could clear NMDA receptors from being turned on by Glutamate, I started taking 75 mg per day with 100 mg of pregnenolone. After a month of this (and after many prior months of taking about half of that, I saw marked improvement in my brain feeling awake and suddenly not under pressure anymore. I think this not only cleared my brain of the ADD feeling it had and also cleared the inflammation in my midbrain that was messing up my circadian rhythm, etc.Read More Read Less

Pat | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
12/19/2017

I was put on Pregnenolone because all more hormones were tanked. It has helped with fatigue, sleep and hot flashes. It has caused acne breakouts though.

Im Old | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
8/27/2017
Condition: General Health And Wellness
Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
3/23/2017

I have to agree with the comments regarding dosing. I started with 30 mg along with bioidentical hormone cream to treat menopausal syndrome, I felt amazing with the first 2 doses then came severe insomnia with bad nightmares similar side effects to steroid use. I am going to try again with a much less dose agree with 5 to 10 mg to start.

.f.s | Age: 35-44 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
12/7/2016
#NAME? | On supplement for less than 1 month |
11/3/2016

--------------------------------------11/03/16--- | 210*LB | AGE-34 | SEX-MALE | Height 5'5" .......PREGNENOLONE DIALOG REPORT ....Day one of using PREGNENOLONE, Total Intake of 400 mg. Divided into four Doses. I am using this for Severe anxiety & depression, severe mental fog, motivatory-aid, Chemical Dependence & Tolerance {Amphetamine-salts *Rx, Lexapro *Rx} For Depleted hormones and neurotransmitters deficiency, Excessive Sleepiness and exhaustion. 100-mg upon Waking, 100-mg at lunch, 100-mg at Evening and 100-Mg at Dusk/Bedtime. ------------------------------------------------- Did not notice anything physical/mental or otherwise on first dose this morning. Felt a wee*Bit stronger, (physically) during lunch time, also noticed I was a little hungrier than usual however did no physical activities to cause the extra hunger. At evening was feeling tired and a bit sleepy, I administered the third dose at that time and begin to feel less sleepy and more energetic. I am now preparing for bed and will report 1 week from now on my usage and status report.... .........so far so good. ------------------------------------------------- End of Line Read More Read Less

rdoc | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
8/29/2015

very useful for tremor and cognitive decline

John Dave | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
8/26/2015

I just started on prescription at 200 mg, 1 daily. Some comments say it can cause increased 'anger'. I'm wondering if 200 mg is too much to start with, or take.

Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
5/20/2015

I was dealing with severe adrenal fatigue (due to work stress) and had issues with memory. My dr. put me on 50 mg of pregnenalone daily. Have taken this for 2 years and feel terrific. I also take an adrenal supplement and 5 mg daily of dhea. Memory is good, muscle tone has improved and energy is normal.

Nina1434 | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
5/29/2014

Was prescribed a supplement by my doctor due to low pregnenolone lab result. He wanted to start me at 100mg but I am really sensitive to a lot of meds so started at 30mg for a month, then up to 60mg. I'm on hormone therapy, thyroid hormone, vitamins and minerals, for long term Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and long term fatigue and depression. Recently found out I had mono and 2 other infections. By the second month at 60mg I got agitated, angry, felt anxiety, trouble going to sleep, so I quit it. I've had some rebound the last 2 days but hope it doesn't last very long. Not a good med for me. I'm on prescription DHEA which I tolerate very well.Read More Read Less

Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
1/30/2014
Condition: General Health And Wellness
samandiriel | Age: 35-44 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
11/25/2013

Taking 20mg/day to relieve joint pain, increase energy level and improve memory (also on iron supplements, vitamin D supplements and testosterone replacement therapy). Capsules are made to order by my pharmacy, not purchased from a supplements manufacturer. After a month, seeing significant improvement in all areas with no side effects other than needing to take it in the morning to prevent sleep disturbances. No negative effects otherwise.

Max | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
10/30/2013

In the beginning I had trouble sleeping at night so I started taking this medication first thing in the morning and that is no longer a problem. I have way more energy and stamina to make it through my day. It has helped me tremendously!

Age: 55-64 |
10/23/2013

INSOMNIA!!!

Jaycenicky | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
9/22/2013

I am a female 72 years of age. With blood work it has been determined my Dhea levels are extremely low and my adrenal glands are completely depeleted. I also on the Vivelle dot 0.075MG. Also 200MG Progesterone daily. On the Pregnenolone 25MG I have energy, but my emotions are out of control. Things that I did not worry about before overwhelm me. What could be the problem.

Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
4/6/2013
Amy | Age: 35-44 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
2/10/2013

I've noticed significant improvement in my memory, concentration, energy,and critical thinking skills. I'm also noticing an increase in muscle strength, ROM, and reflex time. After being sick with an illness that has affected my overall energy and muscle functionality for almost two years, I now feel like I'm getting my health and life back. I should note that I'm being treated for the illness/disease as well, but pregnenolone has helped tremendously.

Diana Halsey | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
10/15/2012

I have taken Pregnenolone 50 mg, as well as cut it in half to see if it would make a difference, but it did not. I would break out in sweats and felt dizzy so I stopped using it all together.

GeeWhiz | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
1/15/2012

The physician recommended 50mg dosage, which I later learned some consider a dangerous amount. It badly effected mood, anxiety and caused insomnia. The affects seemed to be cumulative.

Age: 25-34 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |