I have been taking K2 (as Menaquinone-7) (MK-7)(from Natto, fermented soy.) Vitamin K ,not K2, makes proteins for blood clotting, and is found in green leafy vegetables. K2 when combined with D3 increases bone formation and bone density. K and K2 are not the same. After many years of frustration with conventional medicine, I started researching my symptoms on line,( skin pain, joint pain, neuro...

Dennis | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
10/30/2019
Condition: General Health And Wellness

This article is very poorly written, misleading, and out of date. This article seriously needs a complete rewrite. It conflates K1 with K2. While the two are chemically similar, their physiological functions are very different. It should be noted that 'K' equates only to 'K1' and not to 'K2'. K2 functions in the activation process of proteins which contain glutamate residues, allowing gamma carboxylation of these sites which then serve as calcium transporter proteins like MGP and Calcitonin (BGP) which are critical for appropriate calcium utilization. K2 is not used in the blood clotting mechanism; that is the role of K1. K2 is very safe to use without side effects and is used in Japan at the rate of 45mg/day to treat osteoporosis by the mechanism of BGP activation.

Simms | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
9/7/2019
Condition: Low bone density

Do not use any K2! I have had an HTO operation on my right knee, used K2 pills for only 2 days, now my left knee is in great pain bone on bone ! It�s been great before I took K2 it�s like the K2 has striped all the good that the turmeric pills had done in the Past as stop taking all supplements for 2 months and found knees good. Now the pains back!!

Salutary Effects | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
8/27/2017
Condition: General Health And Wellness

My Dr. had recommended 1000 daily D3. After a month's interval, I had a strong urgency to go to the bathroom. This is not presumed to be entirely normal, so I assumed that this was for me a normal metabolic outcome. I then tried vitamin K2 in supplement form, which I found to lower the heart rate and blood pressure. But after a time, about 6 weeks, just 100mcg a day caused restless muscular reactions in my legs. I switched to 30mcg K2/25 IU MCT Oil Base Sublingual when required. This was a significant improvement over the supplements, and I was required to administer very judiciously just one tiny drop under the tongue. This sublingual strategy was so that the K2 goes direct into the blood stream and not processed thru through the liver. I probably don't require very much of either K2 or D3 noting metabolic effects with supplements such as becoming constipated or having a strong urgency to pee or restless legs, and have probably filled out my requirement. Noted effects on stopping K2/D3 sublingual was mild heart palpitations, so I will continue in small, judicious amounts and carefully monitor. Would recommend Boron supplements according to dosage recommendations, or perhaps Potassium Gluconate as they take far longer to fill out the basic requirement. I liken K2 to magnesium, as they both take only several weeks to fill out the requirement before noted metabolic effects.

Bot | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for less than 1 month |
6/16/2017
Condition: Heart disease

I have been on Vitamin K2 for only two days, thus the effectiveness is preliminary. However, I had red splotches my arm appear, never having had them previously. What causes this? Product: Solgar

Srey on | Age: 25-34 |
8/23/2015
Condition: Hemorrhagic disease

I used for control women hemoragic after delivery.