For the past 2years I take 2 TBS ground flax in water with 2 TBS apple cider vinegar & 1 TBS molasses most every day for diverticulitis. I have not been hospitalized or been to the ER as I had in the past.

If you have Irritable Bowel with diarrhea, be very careful using flax. I find that even the tiniest amount (as in the topping on a cookie) causes abdominal pain and sends me to the toilet repeatedly. I can't eat anything with flax in it or I have awful side effects. Read all food labels and be careful!

4/11/2021
Condition: General Health And Wellness

Dositej | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
12/28/2018
Condition: High cholesterol

July 2017, I had Total cholesterol 6,35 (it's in the family). I'm 55 yrs young. Went to see a doctor and she prescribed cholesterol medications - one of those 'statins'. I had the last check up and blood work in Nov. 2018. Cholesterol went down to 5,30 (which is still high), while LDL from 4,30 down to 3,50. These are still high values, but I never took a 'statin' that the doctor prescribed. All the blood work that I did from 2017 till now, I never mentioned to my doctor that I was not taking the pills. And she kept saying, that is going well, cholesterol levels drop down every time I did a check up. It took me a bit longer, 1 year and a half, but I was worried about my liver (statin kills the liver) and as a kid I had previously gone through Hepatitis A. Anyway, never took a pill for high cholesterol - all that I did for 1 1/2 years every morning, was a drink of mixture blended ginger/garlic/lemon and oatmeal with flaxseeds for breakfast/lunch. I love oatmeal anyway, so it was not part of a diet, it was part of me :-). I dont think that I missed a day without that ginger mix drink and the oats/flaxseed meal. Next doctors appointment is in Jan. 2019. I bet she will be still impressed by the progress I am making with her pills that she prescribes.

desarayb | Age: 25-34 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
11/23/2017
Condition: General Health And Wellness

Rather than internally taking this, I use this externally. If you use 2 cups of water, 1/4 cup of whole flax seeds, bring to a slow boil while stirring frequently.. a white substance will form at the top, lower heat but don't remove while you continue to stir, you will see that it is now a jelly like substance in liquid form, I then strain the seeds apart into a container letting the liquid go in a sealed container. Put in the fridge, this is only good for 7 days. All natural, non-sticky, no chemical hair gel! I use it for my daughters who have super curly hair, for 7 years I have tried hundreds of products, and this works sooooo well. Leaves their curls bouncy and soft all day long.

Celia | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
10/22/2017

For about 30 years I have used ground flax meal in gluten-free baking as a substitute for eggs and a "binder" that replaces the gluten in wheat flour. (Usually Bob's Red Mill brand, not listed in the options here, but widely sold.) I would love information on how heating to 350°F or thereabouts effects both the beneficial and potentially harmful compounds in flax meal. I have seen occasional vague references to baked flax meal losing most of the health benefits, but no reliable sources, and no examination of whether the potential risks are also lost. Ideas?

sandylou | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for less than 1 month |
5/12/2017
Condition: Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)

Caused bloating, gas. cramps, and diarrhea. Also dizziness from bloating.