I use Xylitol as a substitute for sugar in baking and coffee. I also buy the dental gum which is very nice. Tastes just like sugar, so it's a great substitute when baking(No-one will know the difference!). I have been using it for about 2 1/2 - 3 years now, and I've been overall very satisfied. It's great for those who don't want sugar in their diet, but love the sweetness of it. The texture ...

IT ATE my gums!! Let large abscessed area on one side and red raw eaten up area on the other side. Something nasty is in them to eat my gums. This wasn't listed as a possible side effect yet I see others having issues as well. I just read here about several people developing a cough. I have that too! Didn't think it could be from the melts. Throat is sore as well on one side. Never again.

4/18/2021

Age: 35-44 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
1/5/2021
Condition: Sinusitis

Dropped my blood sugar levels!!!! Used three days!!! Weeks of seeing a endocrinologist smh!!

Age: 75 or over |
1/4/2020

My daughter told me about Xylitol Birch sugar substitute for Keto type diet. I just use it for hot coffee and cream and hot tea. It is so good to the taste and much like sugar by the teaspoon. Readily available at Walmart type stores.

CT | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
11/14/2019
Condition: General Health And Wellness

First, I must speak to the person who said, "I bought xylitol as an aid to losing weight and (thereby) cutting my sugar intake down but after a couple of uses my stomach was in uproar. I had really bad watery diarrhoea and a very uncomfortable stomach. I stopped taking it immediately after reading and experiencing the side effects. Ive gone back to sugar in my tea again for now but wont ever buy xylitol again." It is obvious that this person did not do the research on how to properly initiate the use of Xylitol, nor did she/he read the directions. Literally *everything* in the literature says that you must begin the use of Xylitol -- SLOWLY -- so that the body has an opportunity to adjust to the new substance (a natural sweetener). The literature specifically states that Xylitol can give you diarrhea IF you take too much, in the beginning, without allowing your system to get used to it. There is nothing wrong with the Xylitol. It was the manner in which the user chose to ignore the directions (and all existing literature out there). That is why I've never had a problem with it, and the Xylitol helps in so many ways. Better dental results. A happier gut. Losing weight naturally, though it was not the original reason I bought it. Actually bought Xylitol to assist with what is an overall plan to lessen the effects of Rheumatoid Arthritis. Using little to no sugar, and substituting Xylitol sweetener, in coffee, on cereals, on top of salads, in homemade BBQ sauce, etc. has made a big difference.

Island Mike | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
8/9/2019
Condition: Sinusitis

Caution, if you have a sensitivity to artificial sweeteners like I do, stay away from this substance. I was violently sick for two days and continue to get nauseous every time I eat something sweet...now over a week since using a low dose to treat a sinus blockage. My instincts tell me this is a dangerous substance with long lasting side effects for those who are sensitive to artificial sweeteners.