Since you were recently diagnosed with chronic pelvic pain, ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
1. What’s causing my pelvic pain?
2. Should I be taking over-the-counter pain relievers for my pelvic pain?
3. Are there any other self-care measures that can ease my pain?
4. Could my condition or the treatments for it affect my fertility?
5. Will I need to see a specialist?
6. How quickly can I expect relief?
7. Is it possible that the pelvic pain will come back?
8. What should I do if it does?
9. Are there any other symptoms that I should be watching for?
10. Is it possible that emotional distress is contributing to the pelvic pain? If so, what's the best way to get help?