How can I help my doctor diagnose the causes of my pelvic pain?
To help your doctor diagnose the cause of your pelvic pain, make a detailed list of your physical and emotional symptoms to share with them. Also make a note of:
- When you started having each symptom
- Anything you've tried that has helped with the pain
- Whether the pain is better or worse at certain times
- If the pain is related to your menstrual cycle or sexual activity
- Any injury, illness, or surgery you have had
More Answers On Women's Health
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.