Since most scrapes are caused by accidents
or falls, it is difficult to prevent them. Some general safety tips may reduce
your risk for injury.
- Pay close attention to what you are
- Know how to use objects properly.
- Have good
lighting so you can see what you are doing.
- Prevent falls in your home by removing hazards that might cause a fall.
gloves whenever possible to protect your hands.
- Wear other safety
gear, such as glasses or boots, as appropriate.
- Wear protective
gear, such as hand, wrist, elbow, or knee pads and helmets, during sports or
- Store dangerous objects in secure places
away from children.
- Teach children about safety, and be a good role
Be sure to have a tetanus shot every 10 years. For more
information, see the topic
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 10, 2010
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2013 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.