Since most scrapes are caused by accidents or falls, it is hard to prevent them. Some general safety tips may reduce your risk of injury.
- Pay close attention to what you are doing.
- Know how to use objects properly.
- Have good lighting so you can see what you are doing.
Prevent falls in your home by removing hazards that might cause a fall.
- Wear gloves whenever possible to protect your hands.
- Wear other safety gear, such as glasses or boots, as appropriate.
- Wear protective gear, such as hand, wrist, elbow, or knee pads and helmets, during sports or recreation activities.
- Store dangerous objects in secure places away from children.
- Teach children about safety, and be a good role model.
Be sure to have a tetanus shot every 10 years.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
June 04, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.