Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of propranolol Oral.

5/16/2009 2:26:06 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I take 240mg a day to prevent my migraines. Before this medication, I had no life. I would stay in bed all day suffering and throwing up from the pain. I have been on this medication for over a year and my migraines are cut by 75%. I didnt have high blood pressure before this medication, just low to average, so every once in a while my blood pressure dips low and I feel dizzy. But after a few minu ... Show Full Comment

5/14/2009 12:55:00 PM

Reviewer: healthy1, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
my doctor put me on this drug to stop the migraines. it did not help and caused the blood pressure to go up. i tryed to get off, but started having withdrawals. my blood pressure stayed up and i had to get back on this drug to control my blood pressure. i started having ringing in my ears, called Tinnitus, which i'm told is no cure. i have since stopped taking this medicine after 3 yrs and hav ... Show Full Comment

5/13/2009 2:03:24 PM

Reviewer: nikki, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Quite honestly, I don't know how well this medication would have worked on my migraines. I took it for ten days and didn't get a migraine. During that time I was a catatonic. I couldn't exercise, have sex, or do much of anything. I am now on Topamax and it appears to be working with minimal side effects.

4/13/2009 7:02:14 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Migraine Prevention
3/18/2009 4:11:51 PM

Reviewer: sara, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have tried several preventative drugs and so far this one is working well. I typically have several migraines per month and since I have been taking the full dose I haven't had any.