Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Benadryl Spray Top.

10/3/2013 5:06:56 PM

Reviewer: nobohobo, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Works very well topically with insect bites, but after using for a couple of days I noticed a pattern of extreme fatigue about an hour after use... the bottle says to NEVER combine with oral dosage, which leads me to believe that it is absorbed through the skin to give same side effects. Will use sparingly as I can't nap all the time!

7/29/2011 11:46:02 AM

Reviewer: Toytrain, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
When spraying on myself, I cannot always hold the bottle upright, and when I spray while holding the bottle sideways, the medicine leaks onto my hand (and wastes the medicine) otherwise the spray is effective in healing bug bites after a few days. I had previously used the stick version, but I can no longer find it in the stores. I realize I can probably order it online, but who wants to wait fo ... Show Full Comment

6/9/2011 12:12:16 AM

Reviewer: bajaDean, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I purchased it for bee sting allergic reactions in hopes I would not have to take the oral pills which knock me out. and it works great... I can spray locally and i am just fine it stops me from going into serious stages. Next i have allergic reactions to jellyfish and man-o-wars. and my former treatment was to take the oral and get knocked out for 8 hours. So I decided to try th ... Show Full Comment

7/29/2010 2:45:19 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
great for prickly heat and bites.

7/2/2009 3:36:27 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I applied Benadryl Spray to my poison ivy rash and it does an excellent job of easing the itching for hours at a time. The only way it could be more effective is if it lasted longer or eliminated the rash entirely.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.