Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of nortriptyline Oral.

3/14/2008 11:06:38 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took this for two days (migraine preventative), and in those two days I slept 22 hours, and three people at work told me I looked like I was about to die. I'm a teacher and I can't function that way. I stopped right away.

2/20/2008 7:07:23 PM

Reviewer: HI123, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was RX'd nortriptyline for pain/tingling in my feet that I dealt with 2 years prior. I've been taking it for 4 months now and in lights of my tingling/pain, it is somewhat better. Although the side affects are a pain (mood swings, especiallly irritability) increased arousal, increased sweating and descrease appetite.

1/4/2008 10:15:42 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have a pinched nerve in my neck and was given the 25mg dose. I was having pain and tingling most of the time down my right shoulder and arm, but after a couple of weeks on the medication the pain and tingling went away. I've now been taking it for two months with no problems. It does make you a little lethargic in the morning, but nothing that a little caffeine can't help.

1/2/2008 2:51:01 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
i use this medicine for migraines. it has helped more as a sleeping aid than for my migraines. i have to take it about 2-3 hrs before i got to bed. im not sure if its the drug that makes me feel drowsy or me having to be to wk so early but its not easy getting up taking this medicine. i have to set the alarm 2 1/2 hrs before acutally having to get up. i dont take it @ night when i have had anythin ... Show Full Comment

12/13/2007 3:57:54 PM

Reviewer: catoosa3, 13-18 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I was put on nortriptyline to treat severe headaches and have not seen any results. My headaches are just as frequent, if not more frequent.