Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of nortriptyline Oral.

3/19/2008 5:02:46 AM

Reviewer: lady, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
It worked at first taking 3 a day. I am now on 6 a day combined with gabapentin 3 a day. I am waking up in the night and can't get back to sleep. Throat is very dry and hard to swallow at times. Weight gain too.

3/16/2008 10:24:06 PM

Reviewer: Solice, Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I had severe headaches that would last 24/7 for weeks at a time. I was at the end of my rope. The only way I could stop the pain was to go to the hosiptal and get a Compazine i.v. I'd go home and sleep it off and a day later the headache would come back. If I weren't a mother I would have considered ending it. Absolutely nothing else worked. When I started taking this drug I had very s ... Show Full Comment

3/14/2008 11:06:38 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took this for two days (migraine preventative), and in those two days I slept 22 hours, and three people at work told me I looked like I was about to die. I'm a teacher and I can't function that way. I stopped right away.

2/20/2008 7:07:23 PM

Reviewer: HI123, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was RX'd nortriptyline for pain/tingling in my feet that I dealt with 2 years prior. I've been taking it for 4 months now and in lights of my tingling/pain, it is somewhat better. Although the side affects are a pain (mood swings, especiallly irritability) increased arousal, increased sweating and descrease appetite.

1/4/2008 10:15:42 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have a pinched nerve in my neck and was given the 25mg dose. I was having pain and tingling most of the time down my right shoulder and arm, but after a couple of weeks on the medication the pain and tingling went away. I've now been taking it for two months with no problems. It does make you a little lethargic in the morning, but nothing that a little caffeine can't help.

sore foot
3 warning signs.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms and treatment.
man behind computer screen
10 possible causes.
Woman with itchy watery eyes
Common triggers.
man screaming
Making sense of symptoms.
human liver