Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of nortriptyline oral.

8/1/2008 3:29:42 PM

Reviewer: Hthryn, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on this drug for six months, and I have definately noticed a decrease in frequency and severity of my migraines. The worst side affect for me is constipation. I went up to 40 mg and recently have been brought down to 30 mg and then 20 mg. Since I dropped to 20, I wake up with stiff muscles, and moderate to severe joint pain in hands, arms, legs and feet. (not sure if related).

7/27/2008 8:20:35 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy almost 31/2 yrs. ago. I started with Neurontin, Lyrica, and Cymbalta. None of them helped the pain. I had some success with amitryptyline for about 3 months 2 years ago. It gradually quit working. I tried to avoid taking opiates but had no other options. I started with 5mg hydrocodone 4/day. Because of constipation the neurologist switched to oxycodone. H ... Show Full Comment

7/23/2008 5:17:53 AM

Reviewer: Kandice, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I feel that I have slowly but steadily gained weight since I have regularly been taking this medication.

7/21/2008 6:10:00 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Had a f/u appt with my neurologist. I am being weaned from 50mg to 25mg b/c of the weight gain and extreme dry mouth. I went from 126 lbs to 131 lbs in 2 months (all fluid). Overall, the migraines are gone and headaches are under control again~YEAH.

7/10/2008 2:31:49 PM

Reviewer: Sandy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had been getting headaches about 12-15 per month. I am taking 30mg each night. It seemed to kick in after 6 weeks and I did not have a headache for 16 days- a miracle for me. Unfortunately it did not last and shortly after I was back to headaches 3-4 each week. I called my Doctor yesterday and he is weaning me off these and I am going to try a similar drug called Amitriptyline. I hope that it wi ... Show Full Comment