Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Atenolol Oral.

5/22/2014 2:05:53 PM

Reviewer: Martha, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Atenolol (12.5 mg a day) for one year and in that time have developed neuropathy in my feet/toes...and lately pain in muscles in shoulders and upper forearms. I started to gain weight last month and gained 4 lbs in 3 weeks and had some edema in my ankles...even though I watched EVERYTHING I ate.(cut way down on salt, carbs or sugar!) I stopped this medication 4 day ago and have l ... Show Full Comment

5/18/2014 11:01:50 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am on Pravastatin as well as Atenolol,and I have been getting a numb,tingling feeling in my hands and feet. Is it possible that Atenolol may be causing this? My appetite has also increased. I wonder if Atenolol has caused this? I am concerned about this drug.

5/10/2014 5:58:52 AM

Reviewer: K, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
Prior to reading all the other reviews here I figured I had no issues with my use of Atenolol. I split a 25 mg tab and take the half daily. I've taken Atenolol for about 10 years now. About 4 years ago I had a bout with pulmonary embolisms which has made a very serious impact on my life. I now wonder whether it might have been related to my use of Atenolol. I'm not real happy about that.

5/8/2014 6:56:07 AM

Reviewer: shortyd, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This medication has worked well but I've been having really strange dreams every nite,

4/14/2014 7:20:24 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female (Patient)

Comment:
hypotension, dizzy, sluggish,dark urine