Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Atenolol Oral.

6/9/2014 11:00:17 PM

Reviewer: Mike, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was on other meds for my HBP but the side effects drove me crazy. I exercise a lot and don't do well with diuretics. One doctor prescribed them any how and I was miserable. Changed doctors and they changed my medication but the new stuff just made me feel tired all the time. Another doctor and another medicine and I think we've finally got it figured out. Very little in the way of side e ... Show Full Comment

5/22/2014 2:05:53 PM

Reviewer: Martha, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Atenolol (12.5 mg a day) for one year and in that time have developed neuropathy in my feet/toes...and lately pain in muscles in shoulders and upper forearms. I started to gain weight last month and gained 4 lbs in 3 weeks and had some edema in my ankles...even though I watched EVERYTHING I ate.(cut way down on salt, carbs or sugar!) I stopped this medication 4 day ago and have l ... Show Full Comment

5/18/2014 11:01:50 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am on Pravastatin as well as Atenolol,and I have been getting a numb,tingling feeling in my hands and feet. Is it possible that Atenolol may be causing this? My appetite has also increased. I wonder if Atenolol has caused this? I am concerned about this drug.

5/10/2014 5:58:52 AM

Reviewer: K, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
Prior to reading all the other reviews here I figured I had no issues with my use of Atenolol. I split a 25 mg tab and take the half daily. I've taken Atenolol for about 10 years now. About 4 years ago I had a bout with pulmonary embolisms which has made a very serious impact on my life. I now wonder whether it might have been related to my use of Atenolol. I'm not real happy about that.

5/8/2014 6:56:07 AM

Reviewer: shortyd, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This medication has worked well but I've been having really strange dreams every nite,

sore foot
3 warning signs.
mature woman holding fan in face
Symptoms and treatments.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms and treatment.
man behind computer screen
10 possible causes.
Woman with itchy watery eyes
Common triggers.
man screaming
Making sense of symptoms.
human liver
What puts you at risk?
restroom sign
Food and drinks that make you go.
Understanding RA.