Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lovastatin Oral.

11/11/2014 12:08:22 PM

Reviewer: Badly Hurt, 65-74 Female (Patient)

Comment:
This drug is very dangerous. On my second day, I experienced severe pains in both thighs. My left leg was so weak, I could hardly get out of bed & was unable to go upstairs. Two weeks out , I still have severe cramping in my left hip & thigh. After a blood test, I was told the lovastatin was not the cause & to continue taking it. I will be changing my primary care Dr.

9/22/2014 4:12:14 PM

Reviewer: Sue, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have one kidney. My Dr.put me on 40 mg. I have swollen ankles, feet and legs. My kidney hurts. My veins in my legs are burning. I have a bladder infection. All the side effects listed on WEBMD. My Dr says it's my age (66). It sure couldn't be Lovastatin. I took it for 2 1/2 weeks Not very happy! This is my life we are talking about.

8/25/2014 8:53:25 PM

Reviewer: jonisasking, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: High Cholesterol
5/1/2014 8:39:02 AM

Reviewer: mimi, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
It brings my cholesterol within the first 3 months on 20mg. I get aches in the bones from it. I was prescribed the 40mg once & hurt really bad that I stopped. I am predisposed to this problem and it cannot be controlled by diet. All pharmacists that I have talked to say this was the first cholesterol drug on the market & have the fewest side effects. Once you get your cholesterol below 20 ... Show Full Comment

4/3/2014 6:48:26 PM

Reviewer: Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Had frequent bowl movement, swelling of ankles and feet.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture