Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of clonidine Oral.

1/6/2013 2:06:28 PM

Reviewer: Dorcas, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Been taking this for a couple of months. I take 1 .1 pill in the evening & a patch all day. I have bad heartburn, breathlessness & tiredness. I go to the dr's in a couple of days & I want off. I will carry it for emergency but that's it. I also take Benicar HCT 40/15.

11/18/2012 5:45:21 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
The only problem incurred was an extremely dry mouth. At times,I could barely talk and had to use Biotene to help moisten my mouth. It became such a problem that I had to change to snother medicine to control my blood pressure. I had been on Clonidine, four times a day, for several years.

11/2/2012 5:03:12 PM

Reviewer: Gary Leigh, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Started on .1 2X/day, then upped to .2 when BP not lowered much and then .3 2X/day which brings it down to 120's or less/80's. BP was 190/130 when started and down right away(1 day)after the .3 dose 2X/day. Been on it for about 1 year and like it because it lowers BP to normal and also calms me and I won't take benzos because of addiction, tolerance, withdrawal. Had severe tiredness, n ... Show Full Comment

7/12/2012 3:45:38 AM

Reviewer: SUZY Q, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I JUIST TRIED THE GENERIC "UNICHEM".1MG AND I FELT AS IF I WAS TAKING TWICE THE DOSE. I HAD NUMEROUS SIDE EFFECT WITH DEPRESSION BEING THE WORSE AND THESE STARTED ALMOST IMMEDIATELY! IT WAS HORRIBLE. I WENT BACK TO MY ORIGINAL AND AM FEELING BETTER. WHOEVER SAID ALL GENERICS ARE THE SAME IS SADLY WRONG. THE ORIGINAL GENERIC I TRIED IS NOT WORKING AS WELL BUT HAS THE LEAST SIDE EFFECTS (A ... Show Full Comment

6/7/2012 12:42:11 AM

Reviewer: Sea Mist, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Was never told that Clonidine could lead to trouble sleeping, depression and leg cramps, only warned by the NP about dry mouth and dizziness. NP did not believe me that clonidine combined with Amlodipine and tamoxifen led to severe depression coupled with chronic insomnia and leg cramps, leaving me un able to lead a normal life.