Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Depo-Provera IM.

11/2/2007 10:38:04 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I haven't had a period and only spotted once. No pregnancy while I was on it, so it is effective. I liked only having to get it once every three months, but I did experience a lot of weight gain.

10/27/2007 10:42:41 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
the 1st time was great:no periods ever, no side effects. But it took over a year to get pregnant when I stopped using it. The 2nd time around I have no period for 2 months then I spot a whole month! But it's so easy and so effective for birth control.

10/13/2007 8:55:07 PM

Reviewer: lilbitinlove, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have used the shot for 7 years and have had none of the side effect except maybe a few hot flashes when it's time for the next one. I just recently has a bone density scan that came back great. Evey drug has a side effect and people use then to their advantage.

10/7/2007 10:08:59 AM

Comment:
Although I never got pregnant while on this birth control, after my second shot I started getting my period twice a month. I also had to work out like crazy to not gain any weight. The only thing that was good about it was that I didn't have to take a pill everyday. Also, my skin was really bad when I was on this, I had major breakouts.

10/6/2007 1:55:07 PM

Reviewer: lolam, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have heard about girls gaining a lot of weight on this but it didnt do so for me. It is a great method for me due to the fact that you only have to worry about getting the shot every 3 monthes! Plus I havnt had my period for a year. It's great!