Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of itraconazole oral.

1/7/2011 9:32:03 AM

Reviewer: Beth, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My Histoplasmosis Fungus was discovered in October 2009. After my almost 3 week hospital stay I was put on Sporanox twice a day. My liver started to decline fast. I challenge any one who can to make this drug more liver safe! Now that I refuse to take. It is to late for me, my liver is still damaged. Make sure your liver is checked at least every weeks by blood test so this will not happe ... Show Full Comment

12/30/2010 9:38:16 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
No major side effects, although I've had minor headaches now and then. Overall this medication has been great!

5/10/2010 9:19:19 AM

Reviewer: kit10, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Tried the liquid versions and was not able to tolerate it. Things ok on the pill - drinking some type of cola helps with the stomach upset. Annoying side effects are hair loss and muscle/joint cramps/pain. Also occasional ringing in ears. I think I can survive a year taking it.

5/2/2010 7:31:07 PM

Reviewer: grannytoone, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Still trying to figure out if pill form is sufficeint or if I need to be on liquid instead. Dr.'s said to drink diet coke to help with absorption; so far I have lost 20 + pounds! No hair loss or nausea so that has not been an issue. However, the constant blood draws to check the absorption and the to see if it is causing liver damage is worrisome for me. So far though, my liver is fine. I will ... Show Full Comment

10/15/2009 11:03:55 PM

Reviewer: Histo-free, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I found it difficult to make sure I didn't take it with dairy,with my Acid reflux meds,etc.I've also noticed my hair has been falling out a lot more than it usually does.It has seemed to get my Histoplasmosis under control,so that is a good thing.