Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of ParaGard T 380A utrn.

11/7/2008 9:13:16 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I originally had the Mirena IUD, but it had made my period completely go away, which caused some serious yeast infections. After changing to Paragard, my period is back--heavy--but thats ok. I like not having to take horomones, they have a bad effect on my sex drive. I'm glad I can keep this one in for 10 years with no worries...

11/4/2008 10:10:46 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have had the paraguard for 1 1/2 years and am VERY happy. I love not having to use condoms with my longtime boyfriend. We have two kids and don't want another for at least 1-2 more years. It was painful getting it but after about a week,the pain and cramping was gone. My periods for the first 3 months were very heavy (one super tampon an hour)but after that it has been normal. I do have spot ... Show Full Comment

10/25/2008 4:57:54 PM

Reviewer: Moody12, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
i have never had children berfore and o my goodness i have never felt pain like this before, ive only had it for a week now and im still in really bad pain, i cant stand up straight cause of how tight my stomach is and it so umcomfortable to even lay down flat! The process hurt and is still killing me but i cant wait to get over the pain and start to understand how much easier this will make my li ... Show Full Comment

9/22/2008 6:54:50 PM

Reviewer: Grandma Again, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Caregiver)

Comment:
My daughter has three children at 20 years old. Her Medicaid would not cover a BTL until she's 21 so she went to the clinic to have the IUD inserted. That was seven months ago, she told me today she is pregnant! They removed the IUD and told her she may miscarry or have a child with deformities. Not at all satisfied.

8/11/2008 10:06:47 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've had this IUD for about 3 years now. Overall I was happy with it and haven't had any serious side effects. It did make my periods alot heavier and I get cramps during my period, which I didn't have before this IUD.

Does your kid have symptoms?