Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Avonex IM.

8/30/2009 12:31:51 PM

Reviewer: mcadoo, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Hello all - So, I have been on Avonex for 2.5 years now and it is working well for me but the reaction following injection is awful. I was diagnosed when I was 12 years old I am now 32 - My father is also my doctor so I have been in a unique position to try different rx's to combat the pain and flu-like symptoms; I have tried them ALL, stuff no one else would give me, but my dad did and with ... Show Full Comment

8/21/2009 1:38:15 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
i started this medication since 2005, am taking it at the end of the week and at the evening time sometimes it is difficult to handle the symptoms but i got adapt to this medication cz i should take it.

8/8/2009 12:12:57 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've been taking Avonex for 2 years now & MRI's show no new lesions! Prior to taking Avonex, lesion load had increased. Cold/Flu symptoms lesson over time & I find taking Tylenol with the shot helps minimize symptoms. Exercise really seems to help too, even if walking I'm thankful that the medical community is focused on treatment for MS!

8/5/2009 9:55:08 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I was dx in 1990 before Avonex was even around & have been using Avonex since when it was first inroduced and you could only get it on a 'lottery' system. origianlly I had the tablets & you had to mix it but now I use the prefilled syringes with the smaller needles. I do not want to change it!! The hardest part is actually getting the shot...I can't do it!! luckily my husband ... Show Full Comment

8/2/2009 11:44:17 AM

Reviewer: stupid now ; use to be a genuis, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
The Avonex has helped with my physical symptoms but my depression, short memory, and I Q SUCK. Also now whatever I eat immediately goes straight through me, further I can see the silly word in my head but I can't get it out this is just a bit mistake. sorry. Janice.