Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Avonex IM.

9/12/2009 8:29:36 PM

Reviewer: POOHBEAR1030, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
WHEN I TAKE MY SHOT 2HR. LATER I BECOME COLD AND START SHAKING UNTIL I FALL ASLEEP. THE NEXT MORNING I WAKEUP HEAD HURTING AND BODY IN SO MUCH PAIN . SOME TIMES I THINK IS THIS ONCE A WEEK INJECTION REALLY WORTH IT.

9/6/2009 3:42:17 AM

Reviewer: scalve5, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I started on avonex in 2004. I took the med till 2007. the hole time i was on it my side effects were really bad pretend that you got in a really bad car wreck and your whole body is hurting and a fever of 102for 24 to 48 hours every shot so I took it on friday night. oh dont foget the nice migrane that came along to. I was told that the symtoms would go a was after a few months that was CRAP. YE ... Show Full Comment

8/30/2009 12:31:51 PM

Reviewer: mcadoo, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Hello all - So, I have been on Avonex for 2.5 years now and it is working well for me but the reaction following injection is awful. I was diagnosed when I was 12 years old I am now 32 - My father is also my doctor so I have been in a unique position to try different rx's to combat the pain and flu-like symptoms; I have tried them ALL, stuff no one else would give me, but my dad did and with ... Show Full Comment

8/21/2009 1:38:15 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
i started this medication since 2005, am taking it at the end of the week and at the evening time sometimes it is difficult to handle the symptoms but i got adapt to this medication cz i should take it.

8/8/2009 12:12:57 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've been taking Avonex for 2 years now & MRI's show no new lesions! Prior to taking Avonex, lesion load had increased. Cold/Flu symptoms lesson over time & I find taking Tylenol with the shot helps minimize symptoms. Exercise really seems to help too, even if walking I'm thankful that the medical community is focused on treatment for MS!