Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Tegretol XR Oral.

12/12/2008 9:28:32 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Epileptic Seizure
11/22/2008 12:42:16 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have not felt myself since I was put on this a couple of months ago. I hate it. I was diagnosed with an abnormal EEG and Tegretol XL was prescribed to prevent seizures after a bowl dropped on my head in CA from a seagull (?) we think on the 3rd floor balcony. My EEG was abnormal so dr. put me on this drug. I cannot take it anymore. It makes me sick (vomiting) and really weird. I am done with it. ... Show Full Comment

10/23/2008 8:06:45 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on Tegretol XR for almost 10 years. Has worked great. Have had to bump up my dosage twice to combat breakthrough seizures. Makes me feel dizzy (and stupid) for a couple weeks until my body gets used to it again. Definitely had issues with sun exposure; just use sunscreen! Has been nice to be seizure free.

9/27/2008 1:35:02 PM

Reviewer: rkpuls@gloryroad.net, 65-74 on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have had numbness in my knees after standing and singing for 30 minutes, it caused my knees to buckle and I fell. I am trying to determine if the cause may have been the Tegretol XR or Lipitor or a little of both.

9/5/2008 7:43:13 AM

Reviewer: help, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have had epilepsy for over 20yrs. In the begining this drug was very effective I belive. But as time went by we have misscaried five babies. Found out that I have autoimune disorder. ANA, and Antipospholipits. My head is in a fog alot of the time now. I now have middle nerve left and right arm damage along with a second nerve in the left arm. Nero dr doesn't knw why. tingling the whole right ... Show Full Comment

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.