Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Tegretol XR Oral.

1/20/2009 11:27:39 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on this med for 5 years now. Never have had a problem. Needless to say, no more seizures either- knock on wood. I have went through pregnancy and birth while taking this drug and my son is perfect, no birth defects; although we planned the pregnancy, talked to all my doctors before hand, and started prenatal vitamins way before I even got pregnant. I have been very happy taking this ... Show Full Comment

12/12/2008 9:28:32 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Epileptic Seizure
11/22/2008 12:42:16 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have not felt myself since I was put on this a couple of months ago. I hate it. I was diagnosed with an abnormal EEG and Tegretol XL was prescribed to prevent seizures after a bowl dropped on my head in CA from a seagull (?) we think on the 3rd floor balcony. My EEG was abnormal so dr. put me on this drug. I cannot take it anymore. It makes me sick (vomiting) and really weird. I am done with it. ... Show Full Comment

10/23/2008 8:06:45 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on Tegretol XR for almost 10 years. Has worked great. Have had to bump up my dosage twice to combat breakthrough seizures. Makes me feel dizzy (and stupid) for a couple weeks until my body gets used to it again. Definitely had issues with sun exposure; just use sunscreen! Has been nice to be seizure free.

9/27/2008 1:35:02 PM

Reviewer: rkpuls@gloryroad.net, 65-74 on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have had numbness in my knees after standing and singing for 30 minutes, it caused my knees to buckle and I fell. I am trying to determine if the cause may have been the Tegretol XR or Lipitor or a little of both.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture