Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of delsym oral.

3/10/2014 10:56:51 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had a dry cough, could barely talk and was constantly feeling the need to cough or "clear my throat". This medication completely fixed those symptoms so I could rest and talk again. It also helped relieve the pressure in my chest because of the constant irritation. I did have a tiny stomach discomfort and a bit of a feeling like I was watching the world through a TV screen (just a l ... Show Full Comment

2/16/2014 4:43:23 AM

Reviewer: Melissa, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took delsym for a cough caused by allergies and while it did stop my cough the side effects were horrible. I literally couldn't sleep after taking it! And what little sleep I got was not very restful. I felt very light headed and disconnected with the world. Went to work and found I had a hard time concentrating and problems with my vision.I'd also would feel very nauseous and have a str ... Show Full Comment

1/31/2014 10:20:52 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have had a cold for about 3 days and I took this medication as directed for two of the 3 days. I feel lightheaded, have had diarrhea, kept a headache, and just all around disconnected form the world around me. NOT RECOMENDED FOR CHILDREN.

1/16/2014 7:51:55 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male (Caregiver)

Comment:
Appeared to have rendered our 16 year old daughter in to a zombie like state. Later she shattered a glass while doing dinner dishes. Her reaction was to stare like she was hypnotized. Later she broke into tears. Totally out of character. Read all of the negative posts on Delsym and take care! Very scary.

11/15/2013 2:17:05 PM

Reviewer: rolloutguy, 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took this for a persistent, dry cough. It definitely worked at suppressing the cough and lasted the full 12 hours. However, after the second dose (10mL), I felt lightheaded and dizzy for the next 8 hours. My visual acuity was also impaired. Basically having trouble focusing. I would not advise using this if you need to go to work!

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture