Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Remeron Oral.

4/3/2014 5:34:07 PM

Reviewer: Charley, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have tried several different antidepressants, with not much satisfaction for 10 years. Then 4 years ago, my doctor gave me a combination of mirtazapine and citalopram. It has worked well for me now for 4 years.

4/3/2014 4:40:05 PM

Reviewer: Samira, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This medication made me very sleepy, to the point that I could sleep 14 hours on 7.5 mgs, and be dragging for another 4 or 5 hours. I would perk up around dinner time and then start all over two hours later. Made the depression worse to the point that I was planning a suicide. Stopped taking it two days ago, still feel depressed, but I am not going to kill myself.

3/20/2014 7:21:56 PM

Reviewer: Sue, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I had insomnia for YEARS then went on Remeron and have been able to sleep within an hour of going to bed and staying asleep all night. I wake up refreshed and in a good mood. I take it about a half hour before bedtime with my Valproic Acid. I have gained about 35 pounds in 2.5 years and not sure which drug is the cause of that. I do consider this a MIRACLE DRUG for me.

3/2/2014 10:16:57 PM

Reviewer: KaylieJade , 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've been taking Remeron for a yr and a half and it has really worked for me. I am taking it for depression, anxiety, and insomnia. Helps well with all three I went from about 1 panic attact a week to one or two at year. I started taking 15mg but was still having some symptoms and asked my dr to up my dose a little so I am now taking 30 mg and very please. I did have strange dreams a lot at fi ... Show Full Comment

1/19/2014 8:49:37 AM

Reviewer: Jayne, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Everyone's body chemistry is different. For me, this drug was a nightmare. I had researched medications to combat anxiety-based insomnia and thought this was going to be the solution -- one pill to counter depression/anxiety and insomnia. This wasn't the case for me. When I took the lowest dosage (15mg) I experienced heart flutters and severe dizziness (think being on top of a roller coast ... Show Full Comment