Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Remeron oral.

5/11/2008 11:57:58 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    Was prescribed Remeron after I lost my appetite (couldn't stand to smell food cooking) and had insomnia. The Remeron kicked in after taking 15mg for a short while, and my appetite is great. I sleep very well at night. I also take a .25mg of alprazolam twice a day to curb the anxiety. I am doing very well now.

5/6/2008 7:13:27 PM

Reviewer: BIZZYNTWIGGY, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    It has mellowed me out whenever i was faced with an upsetting situation and has helped me be more cheerful. I really liked it. It had no adverse side effects to me.

4/19/2008 1:02:15 PM

Reviewer: brianaosb, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    When I started taking this medicine, I was on a low dosage and felt like a zombie. My doctor increased the dosage because she said that it is more sedating at lower dosages. It helped a lot with my depression at first, but I am finding it less effective now that I have been on it for about 1 1/2 years. I also have had a lot of weight gain and am having a hard time getting it off.

4/13/2008 2:02:20 PM

Reviewer: Abbygirl, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on Remeron for 3 mos. I had severe anxiety which has ceased. I still feel depressed but mine may be partly due to circumstances. I sleep like a baby however I dream and have night sweats. I also wake up groggy and feel that way most of the day. Also, I have an insatiable appetite and I'm gaining weight. So, I guess there is no perfect solution to depression and still deal with ... Show Full Comment

4/11/2008 10:33:39 PM

Comment:
    Really hated that the anti-deps I've taken wiped out my libido. This one doesn't. Its a magic carpet to sleep as well. Put on about 10Ibs and all on my belly. First time in my life I've got a pot belly! So I'm ambivalent about the meds. I'll probably stay with it though.

handful of vegetables and vitamins
    Diet tips and mistakes.