Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Imuran Oral.

7/27/2009 8:01:24 AM

Reviewer: crohn's girl, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I'm going on some 20yrs. of treatment for IBD, I have taken or done most everything out there to date. Prednisone,lots of drugs,2-intestinal bypass, at present time I'm taking 200mg of Imuran aday. For many yrs I was taking 50mg. then 100mg. after my last blood test they uped to 200mg. my HG has droped to 10.6 & Hemat. is at 32. I am brusing, really tired all the time. I had been doi ... Show Full Comment

6/15/2009 12:14:59 PM

Reviewer: ACarterH, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
Started after small bowel resection. 200 mg daily. No discomfort. Side effects: anemia, both iron deficient and pernicious. Take OTC iron supplement and get B-12 shot weekly. Still have breathlessness when climbing hills and such. Interacts somewhat with coumadin which I am taking for a-fib. Meds are a pain, but beats the prior discomfort and Remicaid infusions.

6/8/2009 11:23:56 AM

Reviewer: LW, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Imuran for approximately 4 years after two hospital stays and a few years of Prednisone. Only one thing: I am heading off to the doctor this week for suspected skin cancer. Now, it could be because I am fair skinned, red-haired, etc., and that my mom also has skin cancer, but I have always been so protected from the sun because of my fairness. I am a bit nervous that if this IS skin ... Show Full Comment

5/17/2009 11:39:49 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I have had UC since I was 13 and treated with all kinds of steriods. Since using Imuran my uc has completely gone away. I have gained 20 lbs b/c for the 1st time in my life I can eat!

5/16/2009 2:35:41 PM

Reviewer: bert, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
last resort drug for ulcerative colitis treatment for me. Been using for 8 years with no problems & disease under control. Went off & got a huge all over body case of excema. Back on Imuran. everything fine again.