Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Elmiron oral.

4/29/2008 8:56:38 PM

Reviewer: Maggie, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I began taking Elmiron 1 yr ago. At first, I was on a twice daily dose, but found that I was still in pain. After I switched to 3 times a day and noticed a big diffence. The drawback for me was that I lost some of my HAIR in the back and had to get a short haircut. Now it is growing out and no more hair loss since. It was hard to get used to taking it 1 hour before or 2-3 hours after a meal, but ... Show Full Comment

4/18/2008 2:39:46 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
After ten years of severe pelvic pain, I finally found a Dr. who knew what I had. I have been on Elmiron for two years now and it has changed my life!! Took about six months to feel any difference, but beleive me it's been a godsend!!! Yes, it is expensive, but without it I would be a recluse, staying inside while the world went on around me. Give it time to work and I think you will be surp ... Show Full Comment

4/16/2008 9:21:07 AM

Reviewer: nanapam, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have just been on this drug for a week. The first few days I was so sick. My dr. says the entire lining of my bladder is affected by this disease. Does anyone know anyone that this med didn't help from this med.

2/12/2008 7:25:49 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I began taking elmiron 3 times a day, but after 6 months I asked my doctor if I needed that dose. He agreed I could cut down and see what happened. I cut down to 2 a day for approximately 3 months and then to 1 a day 3 months later. I have tried to stop completely, but the pain returns. By taking just 1 dose a day I can basically eat a normal diet. I am still extremely careful with acidic foo ... Show Full Comment

1/28/2008 2:15:46 AM

Reviewer: red, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
The medication worked. But I lost alot of my hair.