Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of calcitonin (salmon) nasal.

1-5 of 5
3/28/2012 7:13:12 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I take it for many years, but my bone is high risk for fracture hip and spine. The generic gave my nose bleed. Two weeks ago I stopped to use it to see if it helps me because I loose so much hair.

9/3/2011 11:17:37 AM

Reviewer: Barb, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After two weeks of taking this medicine, my hair started falling out and my left leg hurts consently, to the point it wakes me up at night. Heading back to the doctor to see what this medicine has done to my leg.

1/7/2010 6:09:21 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I switched to this generic option for Miacalcin 2 years ago. I have had no side effects and my last bone scan showed a marked increase in bone density.

7/30/2009 6:07:58 PM

Reviewer: wife, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause
5/25/2009 8:56:03 PM

Reviewer: debkayl, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
In the past I have taken this medication as its brand name, Miacalcin. I quit about a year ago. I decided to start taking it again and was sent the generic version Calcitonin-Salmon. I have only taken it for three days and immediately after my spray I start driping sweat from the top of my head into my upper body for about 10 minutes. I do not remember this side effect before. I am seeing my ... Show Full Comment

1-5 of 5

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.