Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Carafate Oral.

8/23/2014 9:00:24 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
The doctor had my try the pill because she believes I have gerd. I was diagnosed with celiac disease in 2005. I have pain in my right side that's why she gave me this pill. This pill gave me severe headache and stomach pain so bad I was sick. I stopped taking it and going to get a second opinion.

7/7/2014 4:50:30 PM

Reviewer: Peanut, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Developed body rash. Medication is either reacting to other meds or I'm allergic to it. Have celiac disease and am careful to watch for ingredients that might cause problems. This was a surprise.

5/14/2014 11:45:14 PM

Reviewer: yogi, 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am recovering from esophageal cancer, After going thru radiation and CHEMO, my lower esophagus and stomach was removed. the intestine was attached to the remaining esophagus. Food regularly hangs up at the surgery site. My doctor asked that this medicine 3 times a day. I hope it helps, we'll give it go! My review is a wishful review, not fact, will review in full at a later date.

4/27/2014 3:38:33 PM

Reviewer: Schiller, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
My gi doctor prescribed carafate because I have Bile Reflux induced Gastritis in combination with IBS I also have to take Prevacid. CARAFATE causes a lot of side effects Constipation ,dry mouth, stomach pain,back pain, and it makes my IBS constipation worse. With having both conditions I feel like I am going through a merry go around one Arafat's is supposed to protect my stomach from the bil ... Show Full Comment

5/2/2013 6:24:02 AM

Reviewer: Mollymule, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Two years after gallbladder removal, I was having the same symptoms again. My doctor thought it might be bile reflux with the pancreatic bile backing up into my stomach and causing gastritis, pain, and vomiting. Before I used to have terrible "attacks", usually at night. Since starting Carafate I have not had any attacks! After 2 weeks on it, my symptoms totally resolved. That was 4 mo ... Show Full Comment

Healthy breakfast
What are you eating?
Young man exercising on bike
How not to get sick at the gym.
Woman scrutinizing nose in mirror
Tips that work.
close up of leg with psoriasis rash