Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of nitrofurantoin oral.

8/10/2015 12:41:39 PM

Reviewer: sophieinflorida, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Been taking 5 days so far. While painful urination is improved, it is not completely cleared up. Starting today, I am nauseous, have diarrhea, mild headache, and general malaise.

7/21/2015 12:00:03 PM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This is the worst medication I have ever taken. It was prescribed to me last year and I had to stop taking it because of nausea, abdominal pain and diahrea. It was again prescribed to me this year and I didn't realize that it was the same med as last year and took 1 pill at nite and took another this morning. I am so sick to my stomarch, adominal pain, nausea and general malaise. I called ... Show Full Comment

7/21/2015 11:19:50 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Well the antibiotics got rid of the UTI, but left me with the most god awful side effects. I took it for a week, and a few days in the headaches, nausea, tingling of arms/legs/feet began. I began to feel feverish and dehydrated, so I went to the ER. After seven hours waiting in the ER, the doctor told me this was definitely side effects of the drug because my blood work showed no signs of anything ... Show Full Comment

7/9/2015 4:28:45 AM

Reviewer: DWiley224, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After taking only 1 dose I ended up in the ER with SEVERE all over body pain, pounding headache, chills, fever, severe abdominal pain, enflamed liver. After stopping the medication and having a full day without the medication I feel weak, dizzy, and as if I have been beaten.

7/7/2015 2:01:49 PM

Reviewer: Mr.T, 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Had severe chest pains like heatburn when lying on my back.I stopped taking them as I suffer from Emphysema

Does your kid have symptoms?