Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of nitrofurantoin oral.

11/22/2014 1:00:33 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took one pill of this 100 mg, it never reduced my fever and gave me a severe headache. I had taken it with food and am drinking plenty of water. I stopped after that one pill and read the reviews online, so won't take this med again. I plan to tell the doctor monday never to put anyone on this. I will report this to the FDA, since the company did not test this enough before releasing the dru ... Show Full Comment

11/3/2014 9:38:26 PM

Reviewer: GradSchoolUTIGal, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This is my 3rd time with a bladder infection and 1st time using nitrofurantoin. I tend to be a bit less hydrated than I should, and the first two mornings I woke up with horrible headaches. I have since remedied this with lots of water and a little coffee. I have noticed I am tired and was struggling to focus at work, but I managed to get through the day. I have made sure to eat something with eac ... Show Full Comment

10/28/2014 10:55:48 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Cleared the pain and discomfort of the infection but there were side affects. Major relentless headaches , drowsiness, and loose stools

10/16/2014 10:17:16 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have felt twice as bad since taking it although it has killed the bacteria. I can barely drive or work. It makes me very tired and nauseated.

10/11/2014 11:47:23 PM

Reviewer: yayuti, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken two doses so far and my only complaint is a stomach ache. I'm usually nauseous due to motion sickness, so this is nothing. Luckily, I already see some results (e.g it doesn't feel like getting bitten by fire ants when I pee), which is a HUGE plus.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture