Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Diphenhydramine HCl Oral.

12/2/2008 3:26:31 AM

Reviewer: Jenn, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I found this medicine about a year ago, it has worked every time and i def. reccomend to others!I take 50 to 75 mg nightly even after a years time the dosage has not yet needed to be increased. I sleap for about 6 1/2 hours. Tried Ambien and both times I took it I fell woke up exactly the same way i fell asleep. I was did not hear the phone ring, which was right by my head. Scary!I will stick with ... Show Full Comment

11/19/2008 1:21:39 AM

Reviewer: lo lo , 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Gets me to sleep just fine, but doesnt last too long. I still wake up in early morning hrs. I dont feel groggy, so the benefit is far greater than the side effects. I've used Benadryl, Tylenol PM, Unisom and this works the best with the least amount of side effects. Plus I have allergies at night so I'm killing 2 birds with 1 stone. I'd recommend it.

11/12/2008 1:13:40 AM

Reviewer: Maris Jost Edgar, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I take it every night and it works every time, except those where I ate a lot within an hour of going to bed. The dose is 2 tablets (50 mg), but I haven't noticed bad side effects with three. I am currently seeking it in lower-cost form.

10/31/2008 8:48:43 PM

Reviewer: downhomesunset, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took one and probably would have slept all day if I could have. Driving to work was getting to the point of being hazardess ; I was so drowsy

10/28/2008 9:54:29 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)