Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Levothyroxine Oral.

7/8/2008 2:18:49 PM

Reviewer: Inaam, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
My developmental years were initiated by this hormone and my life has never been normal. There are side effects which I live with everyday and I can conclude that the Doctors don't want to help because they just don't understand.

7/2/2008 11:42:52 AM

Reviewer: zbeckerd, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had no symtoms prior to taking this drug. My TSH was 14. Was given 25 mcg. Then it was doubled a month later to 50. I started having severe muscle weakness gaining weight, extreme fatigue (I would nod off while talking to someone) and I had very disturbing dreams. So next blood test tsh was 155 and put on 75mcg. This caused extreme muscle pain and muscle cramps. I weaned myself off to 0 ... Show Full Comment

6/27/2008 2:15:16 PM

Reviewer: Cindy, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had hyperthyroidism and had two radioactive iodine treatments. Now, I have no thyroid gland left. I started on this medication 1 week ago (75 mcg)I have had headaches for the last three days and dizzyness. I also have a weird feeling on my skin, legs, arms. stomach. It feels like something is crawling or tickling me. I am scared of hair loss, are these symptoms normal?

6/19/2008 1:07:42 PM

Reviewer: abby3853, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnoised with hypothyrodism about 6 mths ago. They started me on 50mg and I have seen hair loss(more than usual), depression, weight loss, trouble sleeping, less mood swings but whatever. When I got my lab results back it seemed to not be working so they upped my dosage and mg to 75mg.

6/8/2008 2:58:25 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been perscribed this med. It is hard for me to remember to take it and at times skip the weekend. At the end of the month I had 5-6 pills remaining. I have taken blood test 3 times now and the have up'd my dosage from 3 mcg to 88 mcg. I also drink alcohol on a daily basis is that of concern with this med.? I have not yet experienced hair loss or bad effects as I have only been on 88 mcg ... Show Full Comment

stressed working woman