Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of levothyroxine Oral.

1/5/2009 9:50:21 PM

Reviewer: priscillagagas, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
Is it OK to eat grapefruit if on this drug? Priscilla Butler

1/4/2009 1:50:35 PM

Reviewer: Dixie, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I feel so much better when I am taking the meds, but haven't been on them for about 4 months now.( due to no health insurance). What are the major side affects to not taking this medication anymore?

1/2/2009 10:20:06 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I find it difficult to take before breakfast. I experience stomach discomfort, and since antacids are listed under substances that are to be avoided, I take levothyroxine just before breakfast, instead of 1/2 to one hour beforeas recommended.

1/1/2009 12:07:23 PM

Reviewer: Nana J, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Works great for me... but I've developed a persistent sore throat and dry cough.

1/1/2009 7:18:21 AM

Reviewer: danimarg, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this medication for 2 years.When I started the meds I had given birth 6 months prior. I went to the doctor originally because I thought I had post partum, but low and behold, I had low thyroid. I was extremely tired,depressed and had a huge hair loss. I now feel great, but tend to be hot all the time. My energy is back. It has been a wonder drug for me.