Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of ZOSTAVAX SubQ.

11/11/2014 7:17:49 PM

Reviewer: Zee, 55-64 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I had the shingle shot two years ago. I have the worst case my doctor has seen.....resistant to Lyrica etc. I am scheduled for a nerve block tomorrow since I have been MISERABLE and out of work for 6 weeks. Exhausted, feverish. Even the fetanyl patch has given me little relief. I would NOT recommend .... Do the statistics.....it only slightly lowers your odds.....

11/2/2014 7:54:47 AM

Reviewer: Brownie, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I received the vaccine 5 months ago. At the site of the injection I had a 3 inch x 1 1/2 inch raised welt that went away after 3 or 4 days. I also experienced some of the side-effects of Shingles, such as extreme fatigue and joint ache but that went away after a couple of weeks. Four months after receiving the vaccine, I began experiencing itching that can start on any part of my body but prima ... Show Full Comment

10/12/2014 9:42:41 PM

Reviewer: Jzee, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I had the vaccine three years ago. Last week I started with a strange tingly/bruised feeling on my back....within three days, I had an excruciating "heart attack" type pain in my chest.....I was hospitalized after several tests ruling out heart and no response to GI treatment....a few days later, I developed what could finally be diagnosed as shingles......it is a very painful case with ... Show Full Comment

8/11/2014 7:59:27 AM

Reviewer: txrz, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I received the vaccine in early September 2013. The first night, my upper arm was swollen. The next day, it was even more swollen with a red circle at the injection site. After almost 2 weeks, the redness cleared up, but, the swelling in my upper arm is still noticeable almost a year later!

7/9/2014 11:57:06 PM

Reviewer: Retired RPh, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Had the shingles vaccine on 7/1/2014, no pain, no injection site reaction. But on 7/7, I woke up with a big fever blister on my lip! Related to vaccine??? I hope not! Haven't had a fever blister for over a year though. Not sure about receiving Zostrix, but too late now!!

man rubbing painful knee