Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Chantix oral.

3/8/2014 4:06:33 AM

Reviewer: NoName1954, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Used Chantix on a one month free trial. Insurance refused to renew the prescription since I would not attend mandatory smoking cessation counseling and classes. I smoked each and every day for the month I was on Chantix. It did absolutely nothing for me good or bad. The only side effect was dry mouth. It did not curb my appetite for smoking at all. I smoke as much now as I ever did.

3/6/2014 2:03:53 AM

Reviewer: Mary, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This is very effective with controlling the urge to smoke. I have three painful lumps in my breasts that showed up shortly after starting Chantix. They have been checked by a doctor, ultrasound, and I had a mammogram to confirm they are not cancerous. I eat very healthy food, don't drink alcohol or do drugs and the Chantix is the only medication I am taking. In case anyone else has this prob ... Show Full Comment

3/4/2014 4:23:00 PM

Reviewer: Katherine, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking Chantix January 17th of this year and have been smoke free since January 23rd. I was terrified to take it after reading all of the horror stories (I posted previously before I started taking it). The pharmacy had made a mistake and gave me the continuing pack to start. Starting off at 2mg a day was not too fun, gave me a huge headache! I went back and got the starter pack, after t ... Show Full Comment

2/27/2014 9:37:53 AM

Reviewer: rose2242, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Very bad nightmares so I only take it once a day..inthe AM..I would like to know how many hous inbetween it is safe to take..i really need 2 doses a day but I'm afraid to take it in the evening because of the HORRID nightmares..does anyone know?

2/23/2014 7:20:51 PM

Reviewer: Tick, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Other than nausea, I didn't expedience any other side effects. I stopped smoking on my third day. It's been 2 months now.