Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Chantix oral.

9/29/2015 9:55:23 PM

Reviewer: yeshiko, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been a smoker for 30+ years and had stopped smoking a few times before, but only to start again. I decided to try Chantix hoping to quit once and for all. It has been 2 weeks now that I am on Chantix and so far I am very happy with the result. Mild side effects like nausea,gas, and remembering all the dreams of the night, but that is all. The urge is gone and I don't smoke since day 4 ... Show Full Comment

9/25/2015 5:14:57 PM

Reviewer: Swan, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
Smoked a pack of cigarettes a-day for over 30 years. I started the Chantix regiment and continued to smoke. After the 4th week the urge to smoke rapidly started to decline-from 20 to 10 to 5 to 3 to 1. In 12 weeks the addiction was gone. The mental desire to smoke was still there but the urge was gone. It has been two years, since I smoked a cigarette. If I did it anyone can. Occasionally, I thin ... Show Full Comment

9/24/2015 11:01:39 AM

Reviewer: Rena, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I smoked for 50 years(yes 50)started Chantix on Jan 1, 2009 and by Jan 3 I didn't even want a cigarette. I have never slipped since then not even one puff of someone else's. I am very glad to be a "non-smoker". I did take the medication for the recommended time of two twelve week terms just to make sure that I did not backslide.

9/23/2015 9:12:33 PM

Reviewer: ?, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My Husband and I started Chantix together 18 Days ago. We are really satisfied with the results. We have both slipped a couple of times with a couple of drags but that's it. Would like to know if anyone else is having trouble with dizziness. I've had dreams but they have actually been very cool! :) Trying so hard. :( Just want to save all this money so my husband and I can finish our home. ... Show Full Comment

9/19/2015 1:08:49 PM

Reviewer: PhilB, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I smoked pack and a half for 48 year's . Tried quitting 30 or 40 times , never came close . Tried Chantix , quit after the first week , never smoked a cigarette since . Chantix made the impossible happen for me . I feel like I'm in a dream , I can't believe I did it . I'm a non-smoker . It wasn't simple but it would have never happen without Chantix .