Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Sprycel oral.

5/6/2014 3:15:18 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was so sick before taking this medication I can't even begin to tell you. If I am having side effects anything is better then the alternative-not living. I have completely changed my diet to glutton free. I also will only eat Kosher meats that are not soaked in blood. I gave up all processed sugars and proceeds food and I have not felt better. I went into remission in 3 weeks. I have b ... Show Full Comment

3/25/2014 8:37:06 AM

Reviewer: Doc, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking it January of 2014. I experienced a drastic platelet reduction. Then I stopped taking it for over one month. Began again, the side effects were worse -- experienced platelet reduction, RBC reduction, weight gain, headaches, tiredness, depression and chest pain.

3/13/2014 9:43:46 AM

Reviewer: Guest, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed about 2 years ago, I am in full molecular remission. However I am 29, I suffer from chronic fatigue and I am now dealing with the fact that I want to get pregnant and there is no research, its very hard, There are no studies of what the outcome may be, I have to come off of it while pregnant, there are no studies as to how quickly my WBC will rise. Its frustrating. I can no longer ... Show Full Comment

6/2/2013 9:45:26 PM

Reviewer: Susan, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Been on Sprycel 100mgs (1 tab) a day since August 2012. Diagnosed July 2012. Feeling pretty lucky. No pain and my blast cell count greatly reduced. Waiting on big 12 month results. Only differences are the not too frequent tired days and I can't carry heavy bags or groceries now as my arms will ache (drives me nuts!) :)

2/2/2013 9:00:16 PM

Reviewer: Sansa, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
Started on Gleevec, caused severe bone pain, stopped working, switched to Sprycel, can only tolerate lowest dose, 50mg, still have severe bone pain as well as quite a few other side effects. In remission for the last year or so. On disability, not able to function well due to pain and pain meds.