Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of ProAir HFA inhalation.

1/8/2016 1:05:27 PM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
The delivery system is terrible. This product should be removed from the market. I have had asthma for 47 years and this is the worst albuterol delivery device I have ever used. It has probably caused asthmatics serious problems.

11/22/2015 4:06:21 AM

Reviewer: Kcatherine , 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I hate hate hate this inhaler. I have had ashtma my entire life and alway had used ventolin inhalers (the ugly blue ones) in the past. They worked 100% of the time and saved me from many attacks. Since using pro air, I have to take it 3 times as much even with my regular daily maintenance inhaler. It is making my asthma worse. I need it so I use it. Hours later need more again. The taste is horrif ... Show Full Comment

9/10/2015 12:14:35 PM

Reviewer: Vicky19977, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I'm a bit confused by all the reviews claiming the in haler is difficult to use, clogs, etc. I've never had any issue or difficulty with clogging, nor with using the inhaler. My only complaints are with some of the side effects, including raised blood pressure which leaves my hands tingling and makes me lightheaded and unable to sleep if I take it at night; and I sometimes will get small s ... Show Full Comment

8/5/2015 3:05:56 PM

Reviewer: jagerlach, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Very dissatisfied with Proair. Container is extremely difficult to handle for immediate use. The first puff doesn't release properly. Then I "waste a puff by throwing it into midair" and then try again to get relief. My insurance company made the switch to my medication. I am now requesting to go back on my former medication.

7/23/2015 4:33:54 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This is one of the worst asthmas inhalers I have ever used the medicine may be good but the inhalant to push the medicine out is mediocre. If you are having an asthma attack you need an inhalant that pushes the medicine out this is useless compared to Proventil & Ventolin.