Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Pataday Opht.

8/17/2009 4:11:31 PM

Reviewer: Sheila, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I'm on this drug only 4 days and ONLY because I have to temporarily stop taking Loratadine or ZYRTEC antihistamine pills while the allergist do the patch tests on me within 9 days. LUCKILY FOR ALL OF US, we do not have to use this at all. Loratadine or Zyrtec is enough. If your insurance does not pay for Zyrtec, ask your doc for the generic drug for Zyrtec -- CETIRIZINE HCL, 10 mg tablets, p ... Show Full Comment

7/3/2009 3:41:45 PM

Reviewer: BES, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had relief after one dose. It was remarkable since I suffered for years using over the counter drops to no avail. My insurance refuses to pay for this drug so I don't know how long I can use it as it is terribly expensive.

6/27/2009 1:43:16 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Seems to stop itchiness/grittiness very quickly but doesn't seem to provide long-term relief. Might even cause dry eyes to worsen. Needed genteal soon after. $50 co-pay!!! Way too pricey. Will never use or refill again.

6/6/2009 1:25:49 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Outrageously expensive. There has got to be something out there that works better than this. I've bought 2 bottles thinking that it works somewhat, but I'm ready to give up and try something else.

5/6/2009 2:22:22 PM

Reviewer: Pataday NJ Girl, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
During allergy season I cannot wear my contacts unless I use Pataday. I have tried many other eye drops, but Pataday is the only thing that works for me. The drops do irritate my eyes if I administer them in the morning, but not if I put them in at night. Bought a 3 month supply from www.medstoreinternational.com for the price of 1 month. It is well worth the money in my opinion.