Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Symbicort Inhl.

6/10/2008 2:52:54 PM

Reviewer: netterlynn, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I've had asthma for my entire life, and have been medicated for it for the past 18 years. Before the Symbicort, I was on Advair. I was constantly hoarse and coughing, and my results began to be worse. So, onto the Symbicort, which did seem to help...for a while. Now, I am only slightly better than I was with the Advair, and I have some unpleasant symptoms that may be from this medication. ... Show Full Comment

6/4/2008 10:47:07 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed with Asthma just over a year ago, I first tried Advair but soon lost my voice almost completely. The doctor changed me to Symbicort and it worked amazingly. Now that I have been on it for about 7 months, it seems to not be working quite as well. I am on the low dose at 2 puffs 2x a day. I am now coughing much more and using my inhaler much more often.

5/28/2008 12:18:58 PM

Reviewer: 797guy, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Was on Advair 250 and more often 500 for many years. Symbicort is great. My question is whether you can have therapeutic benefit at 1 puff 2x/day versus 2 puffs 2x/day. Thoughts?

5/26/2008 5:35:00 PM

Reviewer: disgustedcitizen, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This is the best asthma proactive treatment I've ever used. One small problem - $150 for 120 inhalations (approx 60 datys) is outrageous. Obviously, it is only the very rich that deserve to survive.

5/12/2008 1:13:34 AM

Reviewer: pattyweb0606, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Have had asthma for three years, and had been on Advair with the side effect of recurrent thrush if I used more than one dose of Low-dose Advair a day. My asthma was getting worse, and my Allergist's NP put me on Symbicort. I use one puff twice a day and have not had to use my rescue inhaler since I started Symbicort. the one problem I did have when I started the med was severe thrush, but I w ... Show Full Comment

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.