Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Humulin R U-500 "Concentrated" SubQ.

«Previous 6-8 of 8
8/20/2009 5:41:17 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have a problem reacting to both my own Insulin as well as regular Insulin. I was taking 300 units of Lantus, and at least 300 units of Humalog. I gained 20 lbs the first week I was on it. It does take longer to dissolve so I get a lasting effect of it. I now take about 35 units of the U-500 with each meal and am doing fantastic with my sugar levels. The excessive weight gain is the price we have ... Show Full Comment

3/3/2009 2:32:29 PM

Reviewer: Gary Edwards, 45-54 Male (Patient)

Comment:
I went from 600unit of n and r insuin per day to 80unit of u500 per day with better sugar levels. Also I am off metformin and actos. This has been the best I have done in 5 years.

11/7/2008 9:30:45 AM

Reviewer: Hope, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have talked with my doctor ever since I started taking r 500 and using a pump.I have gained 30 lbs,injectin sites are large lumps,sore,my skin is very thick,with in seconds of insluin going into my body I get so hot,I feel like I am burning up.When I take off the pump to change,my body cools off.It is awful,also I got breast cancer after beinging on it. I can not say it was the cause,but the hea ... Show Full Comment

«Previous 6-8 of 8